• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Opinion on a Single Shot 22lr Rifle

If noise is the main concern, get an air rifle. Something like a .22 or .25 caliber, just at 1000FPS.

Either a break action or a PCP rifle.

You looking at under $500 for a very nice, accurate, fairly quiet rifle.

One of my friends had a Benjamin .22 gas piston air rifle. Very quiet and I know that at least a couple hundred squirrels got harvested with it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Get you a quality rifle. Bolt or semi. Get a 22" barrel. Use 22 Longs in a CB cap. Only thing you will hear is the firing pin go snap. Very accurate. In a semi, it might work the action. But if not you can cycle the bolt manually. Those Marlin 881s would be a good candidate

I wish I had my Iver Johnson back,. After dad died I picked the ones I wanted but she wanted the IJ so I shut my mouth a made off with the jewels. LOL a good little bolt gun like those and shooting a short sounds like a lady fart. You can hear it but you doubt it's what you are thinking it was.

I think i agree with most of what's been posted. A used bolt/slide/lever gun will cycle whatever you feed it and can be found on the cheap. A 10/22 is hard to beat in general. Lastly, I have destroyed more squirrels than I can count with a break barrel in .177 and .22 over the years. My current go to is a heavy as lead, vintage Diana side lever in .22 and it is awesome.

Oh, and unless you're backpacking, I'd want more gun than the one the OP had posted.

Back
Top Bottom