Your Opinion on Non Factory Glock Mags

Personally, I prefer OEM. Some friends have KCI mags and haven't had any problems- don't think they were ever stored loaded though.

I've probably got a dozen factory mags. I don't really "need" that many, but when they go on sale for around $21, I seem to add one or two to my online orders.

I kind looked at them like thermold mags, weed through them and get a few good ones for range time use. You can probably get 3 for the price of one Factory mag.
I could continue to use the 2 mags that came with the gun for carry

Yeah I see nothing wrong with having them for range use..nothing like spending 50% of range time loading mags >:/ I've had a few KCI mags and they always did great for me, can't remember how much I paid for em, think it was about $10/mag a couple years ago, they could be cheaper now, or I coulda got ripped, I have no clue but they worked fine for just shooting and I wouldn't be uncomfortable trusting the ones I had if OEM's weren't available (emphasis on that last part)

I've used them with no problems. But I paint the floor plates orange so there is no confusion that they are range only

I've got three of them left for my 17, honestly unless they are $5 a piece I wouldn't buy them. At more then $10 I bite the bullet and buy factory. The KCI mags I have had have been okay as far as reliability, ~80% or so. However they do not hold up as well as Factory mags, the plastic wears much faster to the point I have some Glock mags that are 5 times as old and used much harder which are in better then the KCI mags I have that are only about a year old. Honest, opinion, I am not going to buy any more, they don't last in the conditions I use them in.

Based on reviews, I wont even buy them for plinking. I like to enjoy my shooting time. If I want.to practice malfunction drills, ill use snap caps. But clearing jams at the range ain't fun.

Back
Top Bottom