Your opinion Ranking AK-47(Semiauto version)

Polytech
Norinco 56s not neutered
Arsenal
then everything else.

I think we need to include the KBI/Kassnar-Imported Hungarian guns in this list--They are PRIMO AK's, IMHO...I WISH I HAD one!...and I say that having owned Two Arsenal's and about a Half-Dozen PolyTech's & Norinco's... :( ....mikey357

I loved my Mak90... I loved my Sar1 ALOT... I loved my wasr2 (The Crooked Wobbler) and wasr1 bunches too... but my one true love.. is without a doubt my Saiga 308

so based on 07JKX's bonafide ranking system.. is goes Saiga, Mak, Sar 1, Wasr line

havent owed in other... i dont think

oh wait.. .yes i did, yugo pap! I never shot it so I can really say. Fit and finish was superb but not other experience on it.

Lets not forget maadi and vepr...mak 90 seems to be the most popular and thier double hook triggers are great..

The vepr has prob the nicesst fit and finish i have seen and the have heavy recievers, heavy chrome lined barrels like the mak.

I have not seen the the newest Veprs, after Izhmash put KP out of business a 5-6 years ago and started making Veprs themselves in the last few years. Old ones were great, I forgot to mention the heavy barrel. Again RPK heritage. Krasnuye Polyanyu was the only arsenal producing RPKs in Russia at the time.
The only weak point on the original Vepr was the US-made (Robinson Arms) muzzle break. Black paint did not handle cleaning solvents well. Gray parkerizing underneath was good.

I blew a little money on an Arsenal with a bulgarian milled reciever and it is smooth and pretty to look at. Not a bunch of rivets and rattle. However if you use and abuse your guns, all AKs shoot when you pull the trigger. I am not an AK fanatic but its the small details you pay for,

Back
Top Bottom