• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on prices...

Never. There will be a new "normal" . Same with gasoline. Why sell it for 2 bucks when you know you can get 4 bucks for it.

This maybe.

The economy is still a huge factor. I heard today GA Power is laying off 500 people in GA. Tons of companies are letting people go because of Obamacare. And there are a huge number of people that have simply left the work force or are working part time. Inflation is rising fast. And of course it will give this administration another crisis to take advantage of.

At some point this is all going to come to a head, and the last thing on people's minds will be buying firearms. Either way I can't say the scenario looks good.

There is no way to tell. If this ban stuff dies in the water then they might go down but I don't think the democrats are going to let it die.

Never. There will be a new "normal" . Same with gasoline. Why sell it for 2 bucks when you know you can get 4 bucks for it.

While I agree we will have a new "normal" I think it will solely be restricted to ammo prices, because ammo, like gas, is a consumable product. Guns aren't, mags aren't. There will always be a need and a demand for ammo, just like gas. However we can even control the ammo prices if we stop hording thousands and thousands of rounds. If everyone stopped buy ammo, the manufacturers and distributors will have such a surplus that the prices will have to fall. Its really not complicated because unlike gas we can choose whether we are going to use up the ammo we have and replenish it or not. I remember 9mm being up to $12 a box most places at one point and a week or two before X-mas I saw lots of different brass ammo for $10. Problem we have now is so many people are buying up these ARs, so many people are becoming gun owners now so they will of course want ammo. I think if there is no ban or legislation against us we will see a dramatic change in prices.

Every time there has been a crisis there are permanent changes to the market. If there is a ban then we havent seen anything yet. Were talking PMags "selling" at $100 each and Basic Bushmasters "selling" at $4000 if you can find them. The same thing happened in 94.
If there is no ban then only after the threat of a ban will things settle into a new market. Most guns will return to normal and the suckers that overpayed in a panic will be screwed or married to there puschase. Other things will go down because of a flooded market. Dealers that over ordered and investors selling off there failed investments will lower some prices. I would expect to see $5-$10 PMags.
Ammo never quite recovered from the 08 panic so I dont think it will this time either.

While I agree we will have a new "normal" I think it will solely be restricted to ammo prices, because ammo, like gas, is a consumable product. Guns aren't, mags aren't. There will always be a need and a demand for ammo, just like gas. However we can even control the ammo prices if we stop hording thousands and thousands of rounds. If everyone stopped buy ammo, the manufacturers and distributors will have such a surplus that the prices will have to fall. Its really not complicated because unlike gas we can choose whether we are going to use up the ammo we have and replenish it or not. I remember 9mm being up to $12 a box most places at one point and a week or two before X-mas I saw lots of different brass ammo for $10. Problem we have now is so many people are buying up these ARs, so many people are becoming gun owners now so they will of course want ammo. I think if there is no ban or legislation against us we will see a dramatic change in prices.

Exactly. Control the ammo and a gun is useless.

Exactly. Control the ammo and a gun is useless.

Yup. I tell everyone an unloaded gun is a paperweight. But again you have that vicious circle of everyone thinking "Oh I need to stockpile ammo IN CASE something happens, prices and availability skyrockets and I can sell and retire... at the age of 30." Then the prices stay high.

Back
Top Bottom