• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on prices...

I don't know...I see a lot of credit card bills coming due, wife's saying "you charged 5000 bullets" (sic), and that paycheck is 2+% short... I think the ODT with be heavy with traffic for a while :D
I had everything I thought I "needed" prior... doesn't mean I don't still want some things and always am growing my "needs checklist". I picked up the FDE G19 I've been wanted for a long time while everyone was worried about AR's and AKs :p

I buy ammo like people breathe air. I started a thread a year or so ago saying that this was the "golden age" of firearms ownership in the US, turn out it was. Ammo was available, AR's could be had for under $700, and states were voting in CCW like wildfire. The time to buy is when you don't think you need it.

I don't think we are going back to pre-banic prices on ammo, just like we didn't go back to pre-round one Obama election prices. We saw a 25-50% increase across the board on handgun ammo, and that held up for 4 years.

Last edited:
^^^ Thats a fair question, so if you were unable to buy any sort of food/or water for, lets say 7 days, would you be hurting, would you run out of baby/dog food, dipers, TP, I dont have a years supply of food here, but a week or 2, no prob. I guess my point is be prepared, esp. if the writing is on the wall. If I knew that there was a shortage looming, I'd stock up even more. Every week at the store, I buy a extra can of something, just to have it around, just in case.

Bosnian war would be the first thing that comes to mind. The break down of that society during that war could be a very relevant example of what we are looking at if our government breaks down. What do you think will happen if the government can't keep sending unemployment checks and welfare checks to all those who want the government to take care of them. You don't think they will start looking around for something from you or your neighbor? Civil unrest to say the least.

I don't get why you wouldn't stock up on stuff that could keep you or your family safer.

Bosnian war would be the first thing that comes to mind. The break down of that society during that war could be a very relevant example of what we are looking at if our government breaks down. What do you think will happen if the government can't keep sending unemployment checks and welfare checks to all those who want the government to take care of them. You don't think they will start looking around for something from you or your neighbor? Civil unrest to say the least.

I don't get why you wouldn't stock up on stuff that could keep you or your family safer.

I'm going to assume that this is an addition to EugenFJR's reply to my question. I appreciate the answers from the both of you. My question stems from things that I have been asked when I buy along with the shortages stemming from current events. I never buy huge amounts at a time and, it's rare that I buy out anything. It's like finishing the last few slice of bread or, the last glass of milk. I feel wrong for it.

Getting back on track, many do buy a bit here and there and, therefore building up over time. These days it is not the case. Stores are simply being wiped out. Millions of gun owners stockpile ammo over time without causing such a shortage. I guess my question is more for those guys who simply fill the need to snatch up everything in sight. What's the deal there? It just seems that they have more money than sense. I get questioned when I get a couple hundred here and there.

I do appreciate the responses thus far.

I guess my question is more for those guys who simply fill the need to snatch up everything in sight. What's the deal there? It just seems that they have more money than sense.

If they are buying out the stock at normal prices why do you think they have more money than sense? I would think they got more sense than money because at the end of the day they didn't overpay for ammo and I hate to say it but with the way things are going you're gonna wish you could find ammo at decent prices. The stock just isn't there.

I see what you're saying about the bread though. If I go into Walmart and I see 10 boxes of what I need and no one else is looking for it, I'm buying all 10. If someone is there I'll ask for all the ammo and then ask the guy how much he needs and either we split or I break him off what he needs. He ain't getting more than half though.

I buy ammo like people breathe air. I started a thread a year or so ago saying that this was the "golden age" of firearms ownership in the US, turn out it was. Ammo was available, AR's could be had for under $700, and states were voting in CCW like wildfire. The time to buy is when you don't think you need it.

I don't think we are going back to pre-banic prices on ammo, just like we didn't go back to pre-round one Obama election prices. We saw a 25-50% increase across the board on handgun ammo, and that held up for 4 years.

yep. We will have a new normal. I refuse to pay the inflated prices I see right now. Things will go down but just a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom