• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on prices...

I just don't follow how all of these people in the mainstream continue to follow the propaganda of an administration who has yet to deliver upon a single thing they've promised to do... "I'll lower unemployment, lower taxes, cut the deficit in half and if I don't, this will be a one term proposition." Likewise "We're going to ban production of ammunition" should fall into the bucket of an impossibility and the yahoo's that haven't been stockpiling and shooting for years now stop buying as much so we can go back to enjoying the shooting sports as we once did.

I really don't understand why there aren't more ammo makers or why the current ammo makers aren't doing everything they can to double or triple their capacity. As long as it's legal, the demand will be there.

I really don't understand why there aren't more ammo makers or why the current ammo makers aren't doing everything they can to double or triple their capacity. As long as it's legal, the demand will be there.

Some may be materials. I'm it may be that they can't get the component in the quantities they need to up production. Because for Ammo manufacturers to up production so would the manufacturers of all the components.

Sounds right. Seems like just a few years ago there was an ammo component shortage. A lot of the basic rounds were hard to get and/or costly for quite a few months. I hope things settle down soon.

The only ammo I have bought in the last 42 years has been 22lr, 22mag, 7.62x39, and two boxes of 380. I have reloaded all my practice and hunting ammo since 1971. I have never been without ammo or had to worry where I could get some.

Just have to be patient and keep an eye out. Prices aren't going down anytime soon, since people are still paying. As long as that happens, others will buy it up, either for hoarding or profiteering. It's a cycle that happens with other things like high end electronics launches. When people stop paying then, the prices will fall.

This maybe.

The economy is still a huge factor. I heard today GA Power is laying off 500 people in GA. Tons of companies are letting people go because of Obamacare. And there are a huge number of people that have simply left the work force or are working part time. Inflation is rising fast. And of course it will give this administration another crisis to take advantage of.

At some point this is all going to come to a head, and the last thing on people's minds will be buying firearms. Either way I can't say the scenario looks good.

I work at Southern so can shed some light on the 500 Jobs at Georgia Power. They are shutting down some older generating units because it costs to much to make them EPA friendly. It's cheaper to just shut them down and either buy power on the market or build natural gas fired units. Even though it's not Obamacare related, it's still big government related shut downs.

As far as prices, hell it's not just the prices on ammo, you can't find it now.

Back
Top Bottom