• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on prices...

If they are buying out the stock at normal prices why do you think they have more money than sense? I would think they got more sense than money because at the end of the day they didn't overpay for ammo and I hate to say it but with the way things are going you're gonna wish you could find ammo at decent prices. The stock just isn't there.

I see what you're saying about the bread though. If I go into Walmart and I see 10 boxes of what I need and no one else is looking for it, I'm buying all 10. If someone is there I'll ask for all the ammo and then ask the guy how much he needs and either we split or I break him off what he needs. He ain't getting more than half though.

Well, I'm not debating the wisdom of buying retail over street market pricing. However, is it REALLY necessary to clean it out? I don't have a crystal ball but, I'm pretty sure that I won't be needing to purchase ammo 1k rounds at a time. I bought 200 rounds before I went to work this morning and left 300 there. At less than 35 per 100, it was well worth it. Could I have bought the rest? Yes. Did I need to? No.

It just seems that we are hurting ourselves. That many are buying it out all because others are looking for it.

I can't carry 5k rounds easily if i needed to bug out so, it seems pointless. Many may respond that in a SHTF that they will hunker down. What's going to happen if your house gets set on fire?

Perhaps the questioning needs to be broken into more direct questions. I'm trying not to include profiteering since for one, it's been beaten to death and 2, I don't want to assume that the majority of frenzy buyers are doing it for that.

The only ammo I have bought in the last 42 years has been 22lr, 22mag, 7.62x39, and two boxes of 380. I have reloaded all my practice and hunting ammo since 1971. I have never been without ammo or had to worry where I could get some.

Agree, Since 1979. Reloading and casting your own bullets shurly keeps your shooting costs down. I'm loving paying $2 a box for 38's. I'm all set up for 9, 38, 40,44, 45acp, 45lc,454 500, 3030, 223, 3006, 308, 762x39....I don't feel warm and fuzzy unless there's 25,000 primers in the cans. You can thank Clinton for that.

It'll die down. Before all this crap started, do you remember what PMAGs were going for? Wasn't it $11.25 on some online retailers? I could pick them up locally for $13 or $14. Ammo was going down in price as well. 50 round boxes of 9mm HSTs were $23.95 a piece, and certain flavors of Rangers and HydraShoks were available for less than that. 5.56/.223 was going down following the election cycle buying, too.

We went through this in 2008 folks. I bought an Armalite M15 for $650 three or four weeks before the election that had been sitting at a LGS for a long while. Two or three weeks after, one of the sales people offered me $1500 for it. I should have taken it, especially since I sold it for $750 the May after the election with several mags and a hard case.

The current gun market, much like any market, fluctuates based on supply, demand, and human behavior. Short of inflationary adjustments in the market caused by the actions of Congress and the Federal Reserve, things will return to their prior cost.

If you really want to buy something right now, I'd be looking at bullion. It's lower than it should be lately. It will go back up. Then you can sell some of it to fund purchases of firearms and ammo that people paid two or three prices for at the "normal" market price for in a year.

I am not a financial adviser. This is my personal opinion. It should not be considered investment advice.

Back
Top Bottom