• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on receiver's please

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I am thinking on using the SOLGW receiver set for my next build. I have heard some of you guys mention them but I have yet to try them. It's still up in the air if I am doing a AR-15 or AR-10. If I do go with the AR-15 build, I want to know who is a good comparison to there receivers. Meaning who would you put aside them in quality, fit and finish.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want to try a new vendor that has a set that is a stands out from the crowd. Not super high tier but a good upper end mid grade. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Preciate it boys!

I am thinking on using the SOLGW receiver set for my next build. I have heard some of you guys mention them but I have yet to try them. It's still up in the air if I am doing a AR-15 or AR-10. If I do go with the AR-15 build, I want to know who is a good comparison to there receivers. Meaning who would you put aside them in quality, fit and finish.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want to try a new vendor that has a set that is a stands out from the crowd. Not super high tier but a good upper end mid grade. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Preciate it boys!
i'd put SOLGW right along side BCM. quality mil-spec at an "affordable" price point. not radian, not noveske, not knight's, but good.

Well Radian is a Billet set and is 450 for just the lower. Umm no thank you. I want forged however, the radian is a pretty piece but I would rather have a 250 forged lower if I have choice between the two. I have a billet AR15 but for all out strength I think I will stick to a quality forging with a kick ass upper. Looks is nice and all that but I believe forged receivers are the way to go.

Well Radian is a Billet set and is 450 for just the lower. Umm no thank you. I want forged however, the radian is a pretty piece but I would rather have a 250 forged lower if I have choice between the two. I have a billet AR15 but for all out strength I think I will stick to a quality forging with a kick ass upper. Looks is nice and all that but I believe forged receivers are the way to go.
I bought one for $289 before the plandemic...

and yeah, BCM and SOLGW forgings are top notch.

Back
Top Bottom