• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're Just "Paying for the Name"

When I first got in business I would buy cheap Black and Decker tools. Would buy a drill every year. Got tired of them breaking on the job. I buy Dewalt now (they're not as good as they used to be) but I buy a new drill driver about every four years. My Dewalt nail gun just quit after 12 years. I was in my friends local GS a few years ago a guy came in with some cheap box of .380 that had even been marked down in price. He said his gun was broke as it would not fire the ammo. My buddy got out a box of .380 and the guy's gun ran fine with it. So the question I always ask people when it come to their weapons "What's your life worth". I buy the best I can. But I think most people will probably shoot just as good with a Dan Wesson as they would a Wilson or some other high end pistol.
Just an FYI. Dewalt is owned by blacken pecker. It’s their professional series. Kinda like Chevy and Cadillac’s but I get what your saying. You definitely get what you pay for in this day and age. Well sometimes. Unless it’s COVID mark up.

When I first got in business I would buy cheap Black and Decker tools. Would buy a drill every year. Got tired of them breaking on the job. I buy Dewalt now (they're not as good as they used to be) but I buy a new drill driver about every four years. My Dewalt nail gun just quit after 12 years. I was in my friends local GS a few years ago a guy came in with some cheap box of .380 that had even been marked down in price. He said his gun was broke as it would not fire the ammo. My buddy got out a box of .380 and the guy's gun ran fine with it. So the question I always ask people when it come to their weapons "What's your life worth". I buy the best I can. But I think most people will probably shoot just as good with a Dan Wesson as they would a Wilson or some other high end pistol.
The shop I work for used to buy whatever tools did the job but we haven't bought anything "Chinesium" in many years. When a tool is 1/10th the cost of a trusted name, there may be a reason
Good 1/4 inch endmill = $30

The gun does go bang frequently
I'm not interested in "frequently" in a weapon to defend kith and kin, I want the odds in my favor in as much as I can get. I'm not saying that the Les Baer that I carry everyday will never fail but I will trust it over a maybe any day. When i need a tool, I may not buy the best in the world but I try to buy the best that I can afford.

I'm not interested in "frequently" in a weapon to defend kith and kin, I want the odds in my favor in as much as I can get. I'm not saying that the Les Baer that I carry everyday will never fail but I will trust it over a maybe any day. When i need a tool, I may not buy the best in the world but I try to buy the best that I can afford.
My point was that I wish I made a dollar every time a cap popped in a hi parnt. I also do not carry one. I don't own one but I have not seen them be terribly unreliable either

Sometime simple is just that

Back
Top Bottom