• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're Just "Paying for the Name"

The shop I work for used to buy whatever tools did the job but we haven't bought anything "Chinesium" in many years. When a tool is 1/10th the cost of a trusted name, there may be a reason
Good 1/4 inch endmill = $30
I got a wild hair or two and bought a Harbor Freight porta band 15 years ago. First time buying a cheap tool, but I was in town and they had a big display of tools on the upper floor of a restaurant that I had just finished eating lunch in.

It ran for maybe 45 minutes. Never again and I knew better and have good tools.

I may be too old (I am) but does anyone remember the Cadillac Cimarron?

It was a Chevy Cavalier with leather seats and Cadillac emblems. and cost $10,000 more than the same model Chevy.

If there is ever been a better example of just buying a name I don't know what it could be.

I got a wild hair or two and bought a Harbor Freight porta band 15 years ago. First time buying a cheap tool, but I was in town and they had a big display of tools on the upper floor of a restaurant that I had just finished eating lunch in.

It ran for maybe 45 minutes. Never again and I knew better and have good tools.
I love some harbor freight **** but I don't earn a living with any of it

I'm bitter, and poor quality, and soon should be forgotten.
In the house paint industry, there are only a few manufacturers...PLENTY of distributors that take the same product, and alter it to their recipes, and market it as better....
Yeah I'm no expert by far but I can tell you for certain that not all paint is created equal. I've painted several rental properties ( some of them several times) with varying grades of paint. The difference is immediately obvious.

Back
Top Bottom