• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo M92 SBR questions!?!?!

He absolutely does not become the manufacture by putting the rifle on a form 1, but rather becomes the "maker" which is different in the eyes of the ATF.

Are you positive? Why then do you have to get your trust info engraved?

Other than that you are correct. I didn't think about the fake can being a compliance part.
For that rifle the FCG, gas piston, and fake suppressor are listed as the three compliance parts.

Are you positive? Why then do you have to get your trust info engraved?

There is actually an argument regarding whether or not you need your trust engraved at all, but that is a different argument altogether and I don't want to get too far off track. As the "maker" you engrave your information as well. If you were the manufacture you would have to give it a unique serial number too, but since you are just the maker you can use the manufacturer's serial number.

Clear as mud right?

There is actually an argument regarding whether or not you need your trust engraved at all, but that is a different argument altogether and I don't want to get too far off track. As the "maker" you engrave your information as well. If you were the manufacture you would have to give it a unique serial number too, but since you are just the maker you can use the manufacturer's serial number.

Clear as mud right?
Apparently....good point, though, regarding the serial number. I suppose if you were the manufacturer, the whole "can I destroy the serial number" thing on the early M92's wouldn't have been an issue.

So, "maker" it is. :thumb:

I put 7.62X39 in that block on all 3 of my AK SBR's...lol
I did em all through the mail though.

Yeah, paper forms will let you get away with that. Eforms will not. You know, who are we to expect the ATF to have any kind of "standard" procedures?

Last one I did they had changed the drop-down menu and it seems you couldn't enter a letter in caliber if you wanted to.

A client had a eForm disapproved because he chose 7.62x39. They must have taken that option off. Funny how they put an option that will get a disapproval.

Back
Top Bottom