• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Hunting on a WMA

Update.....Went back to the same area yesterday and DNR was patrolling most of the day. Didn't have any unusual incidents happen. The presence of the DNR might have influenced the random shooters ( target) to not stick around. There were a lot of hunters out and not a lot of shots.

I actually sat there thinking about some other hunters on a club that borders the WMA. There was a couple of times that we heard shots coming from the area of the club. The interesting thing was that who ever was shooting must not be taking high priority shots or aiming their first shot very well. Every time they shot, it was a four shot string as fast as they could pull the trigger. I thought maybe they had a little nerves going on and when they saw a deer they just kept pulling the trigger instead of actually trying to aim the first shot. It sounded like a firefight instead of hunting. They were not just shooting in general because there were an hour or more between strings.

On the plus side you actually saw deer on Allatoona WMA. I know the general area you are talking about. There are several campers parked on the club that borders the WMA in that area. Maybe it was one of them?

Back
Top Bottom