• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SOTA Arms Complete Uppers (Review with Pics)

I had to add a 10 cent rubber ring to the bolt, I got from home depot but that was back when they first come out. I am sure that is no longer an issue and if it still is again it was only 10 cents.

100_0832.jpg put my Soto upper 7.62x39 on a ODT #2 lower i build and it fits like a glove--no problems

Nice!!!! My Star is not stainless but I really like the way it shoots.

Yea, I'm hoping someone can give me some input on the fit. I've called SOTA, waiting on their return call. Thanks for your input.

DSCN2992.jpgDSCN2995.jpgDSCN2996.jpg I'm not trying to beat up the new upper, just concerned about the fit before I fire the weapon so I decided to do a little checking and found the following with the new upper installed;
first photo = put pressure on the upper in a rotary motion towards me gap is .005"
second photo = put pressure on the upper in a rotary motion and the gap opens to .020"
third photo = is of the rear of the upper and the gap is .021"
I also noticed the front take down pin hole measured .253" and the rear pin hole measured .260" (used calipers since my small hole gages are at work)

I didn't photo the original upper installed but got the following at the same locations as above;
put pressure on the upper in a rotary motion towards me gap is less than .0015" (smallest feeler gage I have)
put pressure on the upper in a rotary motion and the gap opens to .005"
rear of the upper and the .0015 gage will not go in, so less than .0015"
Both take down pin holes measured .253" (used calipers since my small hole gages are at work)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this one needs to be returned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom