• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SOTA Arms Complete Uppers (Review with Pics)

Saw this and wanted to add a little for those looking at hese uppers. I recently purchased the 6.8 spc 16 " barrel standard upper from sota arms. I replaced the forearm with a YHM frre float and thats about it. I bought for a deer hunting rifle build. This upper performs great with all kinds of ammo. No ftf or jams yeet after 300 rounds. It is pretty pricey to shoot so look at price of ammo before you chose this caliber. Recoil is super light. Grouping is very pecuilar. This upper and from what I have read others as well are very sensitive to barrel temps and heating with various bursts of fire. I dont plan on shooting 10 times at a deer but we do hog hunt in our area and i have shot as many as 15 .223 rounds at at hogs. Point is you will get a change in pointt of impact of up to 4 inches as barrel heats up.
Save your self some ammo and aggrivation and realize this happens with all ammo I have tried in this upper.
I took off the Zeiss 3x9 and replaced with a more appropriate 1.5 x 4 Leopold. The light weight barrels are not long range beast. Cold shot groups to date have been 1-1 1/2 inches at 150 yds.

Mine is awesome and I would definitely recommend it! I've got mine on an NFA Poly lower from David at Classic City Firearms and two friends have bought the same set up. About 350 rounds and no problems.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352834243.231748.jpg

Has anyone had issues with fit between their lower and SOTA uppers? Received their upper today and it fits loose on my lower. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had issues with fit between their lower and SOTA uppers? Received their upper today and it fits loose on my lower. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What lower is it? I have had them on PSA, Spikes and others with no issues............

Back
Top Bottom