03 silverado

Uwood52

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie
87   0
Reaction score
Bought a 03 Silverado LS extended cab today...Really good deal! Has 170K miles on 5.3L vortec. It's perfect inside, but outside had a tree fall over on it. Will need some body work. Question is, what year models are interchangeable for a 03? I need a bed, and driver side front fender, and grill. Thanks!

1999 - 2007 GMC and Chevy body parts all interchange.

I have 245,000 on my 2004 and still runs great.

Last edited:
Only things I've had to do with mine was a transmission at 200k and both front wheel bearing assemblies at about the same time. Sounds like you got a good deal - enjoy it!

Great trucks. My son has an 03 with the 5.3 he bought in 06. He has 246,000 miles on the clock and it still runs like new. He has done a ton of towing with it, long trip towing his 30 ft. long travel trailer and the only problems he has had were wear and tear stuff. He had to replace the fuel pump, water pump and radiator. The radiator was because when the water pump went out, the pump shaft broke and the cooling fan took it out.

One thing though, back a couple months ago, he thought his AC was going out. He found out his truck has a cabin air filter under the dash on the passenger side. He changed that filter and now he says his AC will run you out of the truck. Just an FYI for future reference.

Good luck with this one.

Yes! After weeks of searching, I found the fender I needed by accident. Had a meeting in Estill Springs, TN. Passed a junk yard and on a whim decided to stop and ask. They had one fender...a driver side off an 03 Silverado! I got it on yesterday.

Yesterday, I get a call from a pastor that used to do body work, and he has a bed off an 01 Silverado he said I could have! Monday, I'm getting an estimate on the roof. Just the quick estimate was $1000, which is half of what another guy quoted me!

Thanks for asking about it! When I get the body done, I'll get it painted.

IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348.JPG

That's great. Keep the updates and pics coming as the truck progresses. No more than you have in this truck, even with the body work and painting you will soon have a great truck for a lot less money invested in it than the book value on it is. That's a good thing.

IMG_0350.JPG

Got the fender, grill, and bumper on! Ordered a roof, should be here next week. Going to try to find a bed now...it's coming together!

A quick break down of expenses: Truck $2800
Fender $50
Grill $60
4 new tires $500
Total of $3410

Hopefully I can keep it all under $6000! That would give me a really nice truck I believe!

Back
Top Bottom