1 bad apple in NJ, wait 2 bad apples, no, wait 3 bad apples.

DTK, we will disagree on this now and in the future. You have your opinion and I have mine. I still am not arrogant enough to think that my intervention in another state will help their situation with the local police. I still have faith in the good people of that state to correct their problems. You don't, and that is OK. Just the internet and all opinions are welcome and given.

You and I both know that whatever happens in another state... clayton county PD will still do whatever the **** they want. No matter what we say or what someone in some commie state says.

DTK, we will disagree on this now and in the future. You have your opinion and I have mine. I still am not arrogant enough to think that my intervention in another state will help their situation with the local police. I still have faith in the good people of that state to correct their problems. You don't, and that is OK. Just the internet and all opinions are welcome and given.

I think I see where our opinions seem to differ. I'm not suggesting that you or I personally can do anything about another states problems. I'm suggesting that by posting information on the web for the world to see ,the awareness of any subject it heightened.
The publicity that a subject receives will drive political environments to move in a certain direction and the Sheriff is a political figure.

I despise the blatant cop bashing that frequents ODT and would contend that the people that obviously have an axe to grind have, but not always, made some poor decisions resulting in their opinions of LE.

You seem to be taking this a little more of a personal attack that what it is. I haven't suggested that you do nothing in your community, are arrogant or that you have your head in the sand. As a matter of fact, I have not suggested that you think anything, I've only responded to you. You have no idea what I personally think and you won't from a simple internet post. Surely there are more important things in life for you to get excited about.

My personal views tend to be more direct and very much politically incorrect. So before you assume what anyone "thinks" you might want to have more of a private conversation with them.

I grew up in a small town where it took outside pressure to remove a corrupt Sheriff. It took years to weed through the deputies before a good department was formed out of the ashes.

I dislike bad cops as much cop bashers, that's why I love my job. Like I've said before, we discuss videos posted on the internet and use them as a training tools and if they weren't there training would not be as productive. So I still say bring on the videos, there's something to lean from each and every one of them, even if the lesson is how to better spot an a-hole instigator with a camera.

DTK, there are those on this site that are admittedly "cop bashers" and will search high and low for information on cops behaving poorly. When those searches reveal the situation to be an out of state incidence, I feel, it is only posted to "fan the flames of cop bashing". In that sense, yeah, I do take it personally. There are those on this site who only post negatives about cops. Like the statement that it is 50/50 good to bad cops. I don't feel that those posts do any good and no, I don't care about a local cop behaving poorly in NJ, OK, or any other state. I do feel that cops behaving poorly in our state should be addressed and I do. Removing a bad sheriff, probably did not include "outside pressure" from another state. I still believe that the people affected by the abusive behavior are the ones who should handle that situation. I did not find the need to have a private conversation with you about a post about cops behaving poorly in another state and what you think about it. If you feel I have "done you wrong", send me a PM. Otherwise, we differ in our opinions and nothing you have said will change my mind, and apparently I am not changing yours. I am OK with that, but if you want to continue, believe me, I am willing.

Actually, it's simply having enough common sense to know that if something brown drops out of an asshole it's most likely **** without having to taste it to be sure. I'm pretty confident ALL posts by any one of several posters on the ODT are guaranteed to be ****.

What articles posted by me have been not factual ? You may not agree with my stance or my opinions but the articles, videos etc I post are factual. Try not to confuse my opinions with the actual story.

Show me 1 story where a "good" LEO stood up against a bad LEO. Oh, I have 1 right here. http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/florida-trooper-harassed-threa

I like this part.

"Watts suspected her private driver's license information was being accessed by fellow officers,...... over a three-month period, at least 88 law enforcement officers from 25 different agencies accessed Watts' driver's license information more than 200 times....." I might add ILLEGALLY accessed her info. But those are "GOOD" cops I am sure.

DTK, there are those on this site that are admittedly "cop bashers" and will search high and low for information on cops behaving poorly. When those searches reveal the situation to be an out of state incidence, I feel, it is only posted to "fan the flames of cop bashing". In that sense, yeah, I do take it personally. There are those on this site who only post negatives about cops. Like the statement that it is 50/50 good to bad cops. I don't feel that those posts do any good and no, I don't care about a local cop behaving poorly in NJ, OK, or any other state. I do feel that cops behaving poorly in our state should be addressed and I do. Removing a bad sheriff, probably did not include "outside pressure" from another state. I still believe that the people affected by the abusive behavior are the ones who should handle that situation. I did not find the need to have a private conversation with you about a post about cops behaving poorly in another state and what you think about it. If you feel I have "done you wrong", send me a PM. Otherwise, we differ in our opinions and nothing you have said will change my mind, and apparently I am not changing yours. I am OK with that, but if you want to continue, believe me, I am willing.

I don't feel like you've do me wrong in any way. I didn't start this thread and do not share in the beliefs of the OP.

I simply wanted to clear up what you were posting about what I think and suggested before you put words in my mouth that take the time to understand (regardless of agreement) my view.

I couldn't care less if anyone agrees with me on anything. Opinions are like A-holes and all, you don't need my permission to blast away anymore than I need yours.

As for the Sheriff getting brought to justice, it took a Sheriff from AL and TN to go to the GBI with CI statements to get an investigation started. As I see it, outside pressure from neighboring states was the driving force to rid a county of corruption.

This part is not directed toward you JWC, just a personal statement.

At no time should the words "always or never" be used in a pro or con discussion on any topic. Simple minds only see one side of a subject and refuse to understand opposing views. It's the failure to try and understand the opposing view that causes a lack of resolution to a disagreement. I say "try" because some people are mentality deficient and can never be understood.

I'd be glad to have a conversation with you fave to face. You might discover we agree more than we disagree.

So stories of "bad cops" should not be reported ? What "gets my goat" is how the "LEO lovers" always (almost always) give LEO a pass. Also the statement that it's 1 bad apple is also NOT true. That is my point. This instance was 3 of them, there are many many more where it is MORE THAN 1. Just because LEO on this site keep saying it's one bad apple doesn't make it so.

So stories of "bad cops" should not be reported ? What "gets my goat" is how the "LEO lovers" always (almost always) give LEO a pass. Also the statement that it's 1 bad apple is also NOT true. That is my point. This instance was 3 of them, there are many many more where it is MORE THAN 1. Just because LEO on this site keep saying it's one bad apple doesn't make it so.

It should also be noted that birds of a feather flock together. Just because there are three in a video it doesn't prove the rest of the department is bad. The 50/50 good VS bad is no more true than saying all are good or all are bad.

It should also be noted that birds of a feather flock together. Just because there are three in a video it doesn't prove the rest of the department is bad. The 50/50 good VS bad is no more true than saying all are good or all are bad.

So what percentage would you say is more correct ?

Here is 6 officers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKPAqJH08Hk

I count 7 cops here (3 on horseback). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0n2qMxf0c

Here is 88 from 25 precincts (let's say 3.5 per precinct) http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/florida-trooper-harassed-threa

60/40 ? 70/30 ? Please please please do not say 1 bad apple.

Back
Top Bottom