• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10-12 Hunt

My son and I went and sat the morning. We didnt see anything, but it sure was nice to get out and soak up some of God's beautiful outdoors. Congrats to those who dropped one and good luck to those out there still hard at it.
20191012_075318.jpg

Put my buddy in my stand with my muzzleloader and he finally scored his 1st deer. I got over to him and he was still shaking...He said now I know what you mean about this buck fever stuff)even though it was doe). He was soooo excited. It was awesome.

Congrats to your buddy.
A day he will never forget.
He sure does have the “look” of a seasoned deerslayer though.

About the only time my heart starts beating is when I know the deer knows I am there, something is not quite right and it gets ready to bolt.
Especially when they look up at me then start acting spooky.
This scenario happened to me this morning and I had to control my breathing to keep calm...lol.
Yeah man....usually that first time is a rough one.
I can remember hunting on the ground during the rut in Pennsylvania in 8 inches of snow.
Deer were everywhere....never seen anything like it....it was grand central station.
This buck came up behind me while I was leaning against a root ball.
It was stomping and snorting and my heart was pounding so hard I was rocking back and forth.
Thought I was gonna pass out....finally I mustered the gumption to turn around and off he bolted snorting like mad.
All I saw was a massive yet typical rack for the bucks up there.
Gladly I can say it never happened again but as I mentioned earlier I don’t get the shakes or an adrenaline rush any more but when I know they know I’m there and they start acting spooked I get a little ramped up trying to make it happen.

My daughter’s first hunt this morning. A lot of memories made today. She used the same rifle that her two older brothers started with but my wife painted it pink- looks great too. She’s hunting this evening with her favorite uncle and they’ve already seen 2- waiting on a big one.

2DD9E72D-396A-4804-857B-F0DB262D9D90.jpeg

My daughter’s first hunt this morning. A lot of memories made today. She used the same rifle that her two older brothers started with but my wife painted it pink- looks great too. She’s hunting this evening with her favorite uncle and they’ve already seen 2- waiting on a big one.

View attachment 2318561
Awesome. Way to go girl and congrats! Show these other guys how to get it done!

Back
Top Bottom