• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/20/19

If you aim for the lungs when that bullet hits it will liquify them. Most of my friends hunt with.308 and the result is very similar. Extremely accurate and unlike other ballistic tips these expand at very close range as well as long range. I shot a deer at about 10 yards with a Winchester ballistic silver tip and it put a hole straight through it. No expansion whatsoever. I’ve heard others say the same thing.

Reactions: MRH
If you aim for the lungs when that bullet hits it will liquify them. Most of my friends hunt with.308 and the result is very similar. Extremely accurate and unlike other ballistic tips these expand at very close range as well as long range. I shot a deer at about 10 yards with a Winchester ballistic silver tip and it put a hole straight through it. No expansion whatsoever. I’ve heard others say the same thing.

I'm using SST's this year after you recommended them. I used GMX last year and they were lethal, but they are hard to find and when I saw the SST on sale at Academy a few months ago I bought a couple boxes. They are very accurate out of the BAR. I can't wait to bust a buck's ass with them!

20191020_104723.jpg
20191020_104558.jpg

My hunting buddy that helped me drag mine out last year finally got his today. 205 pound stud. Im guessing 140 inches.

SST’s are where it’s at. Only rifle round I use

I'm using SST's this year after you recommended them. I used GMX last year and they were lethal, but they are hard to find and when I saw the SST on sale at Academy a few months ago I bought a couple boxes. They are very accurate out of the BAR. I can't wait to bust a buck's ass with them!
You’ll be glad you used em. They haven’t let me down yet. Not saying the next round won’t but after everything I’ve popped with them they’ve been outstanding!

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom