• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/28 Hunt

I take mine to Steve Bishop in Mansfield. Priced accordingly to size and cut desired. Field dressing is $30 if you don’t do it. Real clean operation. Makes some great summer sausage
The price I've always paid was per deer. Size didn't matter. The last I've been doing for years is steaks and ground. Now I guess all ground

Someone had cameras down in where I was hunting and decided to pull them out at 1130. Got down, grabbed some lunch, and now I'm back in for another long sit. As hot as it is I decided to hit the creek bottom. The mosquitos are making me regret that.

Sat from sun-up til a shade after 11. Watched a rather entertaining squirrel Olympics and a pile of turkeys, but didn't see any deer this morning. Because of the near full moon, I wanted to stay in the woods longer, but the temperature changed my mind for me 🥵 Congrats to those who harvested and good luck to those still out chasin em!

20231028_080958.jpg
20231028_081004.jpg

Went to check white oaks for acorns because wind was right for the approach. Bumped a dandy that was bedded down near the acorn trees. About the time I saw him he got up and ran. Needless to say I plan to hunt that area but gonna give it a while for him to come back and not be so spooky.

Back
Top Bottom