• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/28 Hunt

I'm quitting hunting. I don't know what the **** is wrong with me. Perfect setup. Big 8 comes in 20 yards. Hammered him in the shoulder with my 45-70. Ran off like it didn't really bother him but I could see where I hit him. Not a single drop of blood. No blood, no deer, looked until I couldn't look any more. I haven't felt this bad about hunting in a long time. I put 10 hours in a climber today. Suffered through the misery and got that perfect moment and ****ing blew it. I'm done for a while.

Man don’t quit cause he lost a deer he shot at. Hell we would all have quit years ago if that was the case. Take a few days off and get back into it when the front moves in next week. Life is to short to sit on the couch during the rut

I'm quitting hunting. I don't know what the **** is wrong with me. Perfect setup. Big 8 comes in 20 yards. Hammered him in the shoulder with my 45-70. Ran off like it didn't really bother him but I could see where I hit him. Not a single drop of blood. No blood, no deer, looked until I couldn't look any more. I haven't felt this bad about hunting in a long time. I put 10 hours in a climber today. Suffered through the misery and got that perfect moment and ****ing blew it. I'm done for a while.
What bullets are you shooting in your 45/70? I shoot 325 grain Leverevolution in mine. Hammers them

If you’re shooting that close get a 30-30. Would probably drop him on the spot. Sorry to hear that. Did you knock your scope off a little?

Back
Top Bottom