• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm joins Ruger Super Red Hawk lineup

I like semi-auto pistol calibers in a revolver, but I would have thought the GP100 or Red Hawk would have made a better platform. Smaller and lighter. I can’t see carrying a revolver designed for .44 Magnum and larger, but chambered in 10mm. The cool thing would be that if you’re a handloader this is the platform that would allow you to hotrod the heck out of the 10mm.

i agree a regular red hawk would make this thing a screaming winner. would be interesting to see how well the gp100 would handle the really hot 10mm loads

I'm a bonafide Redhawk nut but have never been a big fan of the Super Redhawk. I do have one in .480 but have never seen the reason for the overbuilt barrel extension on the SRH for a .44 mag. If they would chamber the 10 mm in a regular Redhawk or like someone else said Gp 100 I could see me owning one.
How ruger ended up with a super red hawk is because they has several redhawks returned that the barrels came off of. They had trouble diagnosing the cause and by the time they fingered out it was the new thread locker they went to eating the threads up the super red hawk was already in production

Back
Top Bottom