• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm Obsession

My other 10mm, This one stays original. Very nice shooter just the way it is

2.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

1.JPG

I fondled one of these at NRA last year...still working up the courage to take the plunge.

16+1 capacity, longslide, what's not to love? Other than the rail. Not a fan of rails on 1911's...

medium-9833.jpg
Why did you have to put this up here. Ever since you have, I started looking at them real hard. Making me want one now, lol.

OK, this is weird I know, but right now the only other 10mms I'm looking at are the Delta Elites (because I think they will be good collectibles down the road) ... and the HiPoint carbine.

I've had (2) of the 9mm versions, and they both ran like champs. A 10mm PCC for under $500 sounds like a really good deal.

Unfortunately people think if it cost less than a grand it's no good. I say keep thinking that way, it leaves better deals for me. :noidea::nod::nod::noidea:

yep, same reason that Colt 1911 typically sale and hold value better than most other brands.
plus if its not made in MERICA then its no good.
I have Colts and I have some likely 8 other brands of 1911, the Colts shoot very well but my Range officer is the most accurate in 45 and my Citadel is the most accurate 1911 in 38 Super.
the Colt cost like 3 times what the Citadel did. go figure.
Ruger makes a super nice 10 MM target model that would likely be my next 1911 IF I bought another.

Bought 5000 rounds of once fired brass several years ago, some 160 grain Ranier bullets and marathon loaded. Usually run a batch once a year to keep the supply good.

depends on what you want I guess, honestly I doubt that I would have ever bought my first 10 MM unless I reloaded. to get what the cartridge is designed to do or near it you need to reload or pay out the wazoo for a very few specialty loads from a very few companies.
now that's not to say I load full bore for practice rounds but they are well above 40 S & W even for paper/ steel punching.
after all IF I wanted to shoot a 40 then I would have bought a 40.
but again its what you want and how you see it.
my range loads are 155 grain extreme with either HS-6 or ACC #5 pushing them along, generally I lean to copper hp for self defense in the 10.
yea reloads again, I know I am going to hell IF I ever have to shoot someone with them, and they will likely hang me 4 times, put me in a big hole for 6 months and then break my fingers for using a reload in a self defense situation---LOL

Love My EAA Witness Tanfoglio 10mm. It's dead on Have one in 40 as well just not the same.

yes sir!
a well kept secret at very reasonable price!
I have a regular witness steel in 10 MM and 38 Super and a Elite Match in 38 Super, been really pondering a 10 MM in an Elite Match as well.
they all shoot great and are super reliable but that Elite Match just shoots lights out.

yep, same reason that Colt 1911 typically sale and hold value better than most other brands.
plus if its not made in MERICA then its no good.
I have Colts and I have some likely 8 other brands of 1911, the Colts shoot very well but my Range officer is the most accurate in 45 and my Citadel is the most accurate 1911 in 38 Super.
the Colt cost like 3 times what the Citadel did. go figure.
Ruger makes a super nice 10 MM target model that would likely be my next 1911 IF I bought another.

I'm looking at Ruger also for the 10mm. And another underrated 1911 is the Remington, some of the best shooters for the price. I wish I still had mine.

Why is it some people don’t like a RIA Armscor High Standard 1911’s? From what I understand they bought the original Colt tooling & shipped it to the Phillipines to set up production. I’ve got one in .45 & every time I mention it or talk about trading it it’s like it has HIV or something.
They make a good product imo opinion.
I don’t think Armscor bought or ever used old Colt equipment. You may be thinking of Argetina in the late 1920’s....They DID buy Colt equipment and produced the Sistema Colts. I know of NO other Colt 1911 machinery purchases....

Back
Top Bottom