• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm Obsession

73C46CBB-11EC-4361-8A66-3F5F5B3AFCFD.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I read something like that some time ago. I don't know what gun it was but they did buy original molds to a certain gun and set up production. What gun it was I can not remember. The premise that they bough original molds is absolutely true. That could have been to original small parts to. I can't remember the specifics.

I read something like that some time ago. I don't know what gun it was but they did buy original molds to a certain gun and set up production. What gun it was I can not remember. The premise that they bough original molds is absolutely true. That could have been to original small parts to. I can't remember the specifics.
Who bought original molds from who?

"There is a persistent urban legend/Internet myth to the effect that Armscor bought the rights to and the tooling for Colt’s revolvers when Colt stopped manufacturing double action revolvers. This is untrue, as demonstrated by the fact that Armscor was building their M100 series .22LR and .38 Special revolvers in the 1970s. The M100 was introduced in 1970, curiously in .22WMR rather than in .22LR. A version chambered in .38 Special followed in 1971, with a .22LR version added to the lineup in 1972. These revolvers were apparently based on Colt’s older double action lockwork, characterized by a hammer-mounted firing pin and a folded leaf mainspring. Due to the cost and complexity of manufacture, the M100 line was discontinued in July of 1987 … several years before Colt ceased production of their double action revolvers. It’s no secret, however, that Armscor revolvers look very much like Colt revolvers. Since it has been said that “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” no doubt Colt’s Manufacturing was flattered to see lower priced clones of their revolvers showing up on the market."
From the M200 &M206 review...

I don’t think Armscor bought or ever used old Colt equipment. You may be thinking of Argetina in the late 1920’s....They DID buy Colt equipment and produced the Sistema Colts. I know of NO other Colt 1911 machinery purchases....

He-He-He, isn't Colt still using the same original equipment they started with?/
which is basically doing everything by hand, that's why they cost so much!
S & W and Beretta set up Taurus years and years ago and supplied technicians to over see the assembly as well. that's when Brazil military signed contracts with these companies.
later Taurus bought out the works. but that machinery is way , way been replaced by now.
Never heard of colt selling any machinery but who knows?

ahh, sounds like you are talking about the MIM process?
Taurus (well their mother company) is one of the larger MIM builders and sellers to other companies around.
they are a world wide distributor and sale to a lot of other companies and countries.

Never heard of colt selling any machinery but who knows?
I think you are correct, as the Argentine government bought the machinery from a German manufacturer who either made Colts original, or copied it from Colts drawings. I think Colt actually made the deal happen.
Do a search on Argentine Colts, and the "Systema Colts", a lot of the info is misleading.... And let's get this 10mm thread back on track...

Back
Top Bottom