• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm - who's hunting with it?

10mm is a great round to deer hunt with, but remember, you have to be firing at handgun hunting range distances. No 150 yard shots. I plan to take my Ruger Scout Rifle as my main "deer getter", but will keep my 460 Rowland 1911 holstered on my hip just in case. Would love to get a deer kill with a 1911, just to say I did it.
10mm though, should do the work well. I have known several folks who have bagged deer with .357 magnums. Since 10mm is on par with .357, I cannot imagine it would not do the job. Like all above have said, just have to get the right load, shoot at the right distance, and have good shot placement. Hunt well!

I'll be hunting with my G20 10mm again this year. I have no worry or doubt in the 10mm's capability. I've taken quite a few deer and a bunch of hogs with mine over the years and It's never let me down.

What range would you be comfortable taking a shot with the GLocks in 10mm. I know this depends greatly on the shooter. But what distance is the gun capable of a consistant vital shot in the proper hands? I can hit with long barrel big bore revolvers out to 50-75 yards. But with service pistols 25-35 yds to achieve the same shot.

Okay, I've been hearing about the 10mm for a while now. Does anyone in the cartersville area have one I can shoot? I will let who ever has one shoot my .454 or .45 or .338 in exchange. I have 80+ acres here and can get access to a 1000 acres for some long range shots if the person wants to bring a long range gun with them.

I'll be carrying my 20C this year for deer, bear, hogs, or whatever else I get a shot at..
I'll still carry my 308 more than likely to reach out there but for one that's under my stand begging for it, I'm gonna give them a lil 10mm medicine. I feel more than confident that it will bring down any game here in Georgia.

Oh, and sniper22, pm me if you want to shoot mine. If you feed it, you are welcome to run it.

I'll be carrying my 20C this year for deer, bear, hogs, or whatever else I get a shot at..
I'll still carry my 308 more than likely to reach out there but for one that's under my stand begging for it, I'm gonna give them a lil 10mm medicine. I feel more than confident that it will bring down any game here in Georgia.

Oh, and sniper22, pm me if you want to shoot mine. If you feed it, you are welcome to run it.

Thank you, I'll PM you as soon as I can get a little free time to travel that way.

I've got a 10mm AR that i'm wanting to try out this year. Just need to load up some rounds for it. I picked up some Hornady HAP bullets in 180gr to try out with some Blue Dot. Tempted to pick up some C.O.P. bullets in 140gr to test in it. I tested some 95gr some out of my 9mm and it's pretty neat how expand in some milk jugs.

Back
Top Bottom