• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm woods gun

How bout a Glock 29 and carry a spare G20 magazine. That would give you 26 rounds of 10mm on you. PLENTY to make you feel secure.

Yeah it is hard for me to get away from the Glock, for the weight and the aftermarket mags and support. Same reasons (aftermarket mags, holsters, etc) I am thinking of 1911's, except the weight may be a bit more.

Yeah it is hard for me to get away from the Glock, for the weight and the aftermarket mags and support. Same reasons (aftermarket mags, holsters, etc) I am thinking of 1911's, except the weight may be a bit more.

You are right weight is more but if you not worried about concealment then a good OWB works great. I had a G20 and it was great but I’m more accurate with a 1911 with first round shot placement, but that’s just me.

Reactions: MRH
You are right weight is more but if you not worried about concealment then a good OWB works great. I had a G20 and it was great but I’m more accurate with a 1911 with first round shot placement, but that’s just me.

Exactly why I really want a 1911. I won't be carrying it concealed, and all the aftermarket support will be there as well. I really wanted a SA/DA semi auto, but the more I think about it, the more a 1911 makes sense for me.

The Glocks are good pistols, no doubt in my mind, but the thought of another Glock for my woods gun bores me. LOL I really want something different.

Reactions: CSA
Don't know right off hand if CZ still makes it or not but at one time they offered a hunter model in 10mm, that would over your DA/SA requirement.

Springfield TRP 1911 in 10mm - comes in a 6 inch and 5 inch model, i got the 5 inch

I have always liked Springfield products, but I am on the outs with them as a company right now.

Right now I am narrowing my search down to 3-4 different makers of 1911's. I'm thinking about Colt, Sig, and Kimber. Yes, Kimber. I wasn't interested in Kimber at first but apparently the prices on some of their models are very fair, and makes them much more intriguing as a definite possible. I'm also going to look at the Ruger. It looks like another good option.

I appreciate the comments and recommendations, everyone. Keep 'em coming.

Sig makes a 1911 in 357sig and one in 10mm P220. I’d choose Glock or sig, well I am gonna choose Glock or sig cause I’ll be getting one soon too in 10mm

96675727-3E30-40A1-B08A-9FDD74958696.jpeg
5848A775-9260-449B-BE81-A26ED165EF77.jpeg
You could fix you one up like this. Lol

Back
Top Bottom