• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm woods gun

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I have never owned a 10mm, but am strongly considering one for a dedicated woods carry gun. I want semi auto, and I don't want it to be too heavy. I know the G20 is probably a great gun, and not too heavy, but I am also considering a 1911...I've been looking at the Colt Elite, Rock Island, Springfield, Sig, and Ruger...

I would love a .357 Sig, and will consider one of those also, but I'm not seeing many 1911 options in .357 Sig, although to be honest I haven't looked around too much...I saw a Kimber that looks nice, but I've never been a huge Kimber fan. Not to ruffle any feathers, just my personal preference. I may take a close look at some of the various Sigs, 1911 and otherwise.

It doesn't have to be a 1911 either. I just wanted something different than what I have now (Glock), and I want a SA/DA all metal gun that isn't too heavy, and is very accurate and reliable...I still won't rule out the Glock, though.

Am I asking too much? LOL...It is a wide open topic, and owners of any of the above are very welcome to chime in their thoughts, and any pros and cons of the calibers, different brands and models.

Trying to keep my options around $1,200 or less, but may go a bit more for something that is too good to pass up.

I appreciate any input.

Ria tac II with rail so you can mount the Blackhawk light and holster. I do a lot of pig hunting at night so it works for me. RIA is super accurate and quality for money. My $.02.

You are reading my mind. I just dropped the price on my Smith Wesson 10mm semi auto. With your budget, there is plenty of room for lots of ammo and a nice holster.

Ria tac II with rail so you can mount the Blackhawk light and holster. I do a lot of pig hunting at night so it works for me. RIA is super accurate and quality for money. My $.02.

I am impressed with the RIA. It looks like a nice option for a fair price. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Try one of them GP100 in 10mm. I don't have one or have ever shot one but they look badass

I am not looking for another revolver.

You are reading my mind. I just dropped the price on my Smith Wesson 10mm semi auto. With your budget, there is plenty of room for lots of ammo and a nice holster.

I'm not buying anything today, but I'll be seriously looking very soon.

Back
Top Bottom