• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm woods gun

Sig makes a 1911 in 357sig and one in 10mm P220. I’d choose Glock or sig, well I am gonna choose Glock or sig cause I’ll be getting one soon too in 10mm

Oh I am definitely looking at the Sigs. I have always liked the P220, and a Sig 1911 in .357 Sig really gets my interest.

I just don't know...It won't be an impulse buy, that's for sure. I will take my time and find the one that suits me best.

I appreciate all the input.

Reactions: JWC
It all comes down to which platform you like best and how deep is your wallet.

I love 10mm and I carried a G29 for a long time and used it as a woods gun and killed a nice pig with it. I worked on the trigger a bit and put Ameriglo Hack sights on it. I only went to a G40 when I wanted a dedicated hunting pistol with a Red Dot. It is heavy but carries well in a chest holster and I sometimes do use a hip holster.
I also am a 1911 fan and compete with one pretty often. My shooting buddy and I both shoot Kimber Tactical Custom II HD and we have put many thousands of trouble free rounds through ours at the range and in competitions. I hear bad stories about Kimber but ours and some other Kimbers we have have been perfect.

I do like the look of the Sigs and would not be afraid of it, SA or the Ruger. My bad eyes and red Dot use for handgun hunting is the only thing that has kept me away from the 1911 10mm.
I hope you find the perfect 10mm for you!

It all comes down to which platform you like best and how deep is your wallet.

I love 10mm and I carried a G29 for a long time and used it as a woods gun and killed a nice pig with it. I worked on the trigger a bit and put Ameriglo Hack sights on it. I only went to a G40 when I wanted a dedicated hunting pistol with a Red Dot. It is heavy but carries well in a chest holster and I sometimes do use a hip holster.
I also am a 1911 fan and compete with one pretty often. My shooting buddy and I both shoot Kimber Tactical Custom II HD and we have put many thousands of trouble free rounds through ours at the range and in competitions. I hear bad stories about Kimber but ours and some other Kimbers we have have been perfect.

I do like the look of the Sigs and would not be afraid of it, SA or the Ruger. My bad eyes and red Dot use for handgun hunting is the only thing that has kept me away from the 1911 10mm.
I hope you find the perfect 10mm for you!

Solid advice, thank you.

The Glock will still be lighter than the 1911 with almost twice the capacity. Not DA/SA though.

Neither Glocks or the 1911 are SA/DA...That's where I messed up in my OP. Apologies for the confusion. I am open to all, but mostly those which have a decent aftermarket,with mags, holsters, etc...There are a few models in SA/DA that have good aftermarket options, like the various Sigs...

This is my 10 mm “woods gun”. Sig P220-10. Heavy, only holds eight rounds, is DA/SA, but is very accurate and works well in a chest holster.

Attachments

• A602B35E-8AA5-41B0-ABDD-31236555D33A.jpeg
    A602B35E-8AA5-41B0-ABDD-31236555D33A.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 24
G31 in 357 Sig is my current woods gun. Although the 357 Sig is a hard hitter you don't have a bunch of heavier bullet weight options. I want to go the G20 route myself.

Reactions: MRH
G31 in 357 Sig is my current woods gun. Although the 357 Sig is a hard hitter you don't have a bunch of heavier bullet weight options. I want to go the G20 route myself.

This is along the same lines I'm thinking. I really admire .357 for self defense against bad people, but I like heavier, hard cast rocks to throw at large 4 legged predators. Since I'm not looking for another woods revolver, 10mm seems to be my best option.

Back
Top Bottom