• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12GA Slugs Questions

sig1847

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
52   1
Reaction score
Hello fellow ODT's, I've recently decided to reload my own 12GA slugs and wanted to know if anyone here casts slugs? What do you recommend for casting, lee or Lyman mold, which melting pot and best places for free lead. Please send me a PM or suggest a fellow trader that could help.

Not much free lead any more, some scrap yards sell it for up to a buck a pound. Lead roof flashing is best as you want soft lead.

For a pot, a bottom pour Lee works just fine.

Any of the Foster style moulds should be fine, these are not intended for precision accuracy.

Not much free lead any more, some scrap yards sell it for up to a buck a pound. Lead roof flashing is best as you want soft lead.

For a pot, a bottom pour Lee works just fine.

Any of the Foster style moulds should be fine, these are not intended for precision accuracy.
I have a cylinder bore shotgun so accuracy is never going to be great. I'm just looking for a way to shoot at my local range without spending a $1 a shot. Would also like to create a low recoil load.

I have a cylinder bore shotgun so accuracy is never going to be great. I'm just looking for a way to shoot at my local range without spending a $1 a shot. Would also like to create a low recoil load.

The Lee slugs are fun and they provide for a lot of entertainment.

You can buy the cheap #7 1\2 field load , dump the pellets ,recast into a slug ,reassemble and shoot lots for cheap :0)

Back
Top Bottom