• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18 Years old, Buying a handgun from a PRIVATE FIREARM SELLER.

Straight from ATF, it is legal for a private GA resident to sell to another private GA resident who is under 21. That's the law and I don't see a problem with following the law. That applies to handguns or long guns and you can mail it straight to his house without using an FFL and that is the law as well.

A person under 21 cannot purchase from a store but perfectly legal to purchase from a private owner. Obviously they cannot carry concealed because you have to be 21 for the carry permit.

Last edited:
What I say can't be used for legal advice. I am not a lawyer and if I was, I am not your lawyer. With that being said, its legal for someone 18 or older but younger than 21, possess and purchase handgun from PRIVATE sales. Its against the law for someone under 21 to purchase FROM FFL dealer. That is one mess up law just like private firearm sells that doesn't require background check. The law don't make sense so ALOT of people won't take the risk and sell a handgun to someone under 21 but older than 18. Like I said, its going to be hard finding someone to sell to you since they don't know about the 18 or older handgun law.

Last edited:
when i was between 18 and 21 i always thought it was against the law for me to have one and I am glad i waited. I probably didnt have enough sense at 18 to be ridin around with a pistol

Back
Top Bottom