• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18 yrs and up CAN purchase handguns!

Interesting you (18yo) have to register with SS for a possible Federal inscription, but can't drink a beer,
or buy a handgun (federally speaking),
or you can vote for "rights" you do not get...
I did not realize that 18 year olds still had to register. I joined in 76 at age 17 so never had to register. I just read that they resumed registration in 1980. And yes, It is perfectly legal to sell a handgun to an 18 year old in a private sale. Always has been.

I employ some young adults in this age bracket - I can honestly say that most (not all) are ill prepared to own a firearm.
18 is the new 12.
Agreed. In order for me to do business with anyone, they must be able to speak clearly, with their head up and look me in the eyes while shaking my hand...

I can tell you one thing I wouldn't want to be the one that sold an 18 year old a handgun and the next day he went and shot some place up with fatalities. The news media would be camped out on your front lawn the next day.

So Jogun Seller, how do you feel knowing your gun killed 15 kids yesterday?
Why did you decide to sell that gun to him? The questions would just keep pouring at you from all sides and your face smashed up against on of those industrial size cameras.

NOPE! NOT ME!

Back
Top Bottom