• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18 yrs and up CAN purchase handguns!

No matter if you didn't know you are going to be liable if something happens. They will dig up that add and ask what we're you thinking. Maybe I am just paranoid a little more than I should be. In Virginia it's all illegal to sell any gun without going through a FFL.

I can tell you one thing I wouldn't want to be the one that sold an 18 year old a handgun and the next day he went and shot some place up with fatalities. The news media would be camped out on your front lawn the next day.

So Jogun Seller, how do you feel knowing your gun killed 15 kids yesterday?
Why did you decide to sell that gun to him? The questions would just keep pouring at you from all sides and your face smashed up against on of those industrial size cameras.

NOPE! NOT ME!
Would it be different if you sold them a rifle and they used it to shoot up some place? That is the part I don't get. Do you think because it is a handgun they are more likely to do something they shouldn't with it?

The law is screwed up about that. An 18 year old can't buy a brand new handgun but it's fine for him to buy one from an individual. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I can tell you one thing I wouldn't want to be the one that sold an 18 year old a handgun and the next day he went and shot some place up with fatalities. The news media would be camped out on your front lawn the next day.

So Jogun Seller, how do you feel knowing your gun killed 15 kids yesterday?
Why did you decide to sell that gun to him? The questions would just keep pouring at you from all sides and your face smashed up against on of those industrial size cameras.

NOPE! NOT ME!
So replace 18 with 21 and leave everything else the same. You'd "feel" better?

It's a hypothetical scenario. I said in a previous post that if a 18 year old is old enough to go to war they should be able to own whatever they want. However, with the media being the way it is I could see how a situation would arise that the seller of the gun would be scrutinized beyond all intelligent thought. You guys are going Nazi on me just because I have a little reservation about selling an 18 year old a handgun. It's not about the transaction to an 18 year old kid. I'm more worried about what the media would do if something did happen. My whole position in this scenario is more afraid of what the Press and what the courts would do to the person who sold the handgun than what the kid would do with the gun after he got it. If his license confirmed his age and he was a member of ODT in good standing I would probably Sell it to him. However, living where I do the point in mute. Everybody gets checked. When people think differently about a subject and you get all bent out of shape the Soviet Union and Putin just loves that kind of attitude. Or North Korea or China. Take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom