• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18 yrs and up CAN purchase handguns!

safest way to think. they wont even talk to you if the kid was 21...safety first....
when you decide a right is limited by a possible outcome.......and you chose to try and affect a possible outcome by taking a right away......you may not need any rights yourself....
you cant live thinking something you do can change things others do.
when you think you can control a possible / hypothetical outcome,by limiting others.......
your just about ready to run for public office.....
I haven't ever had to sell or trade with someone the age. I said if he was a member here in good standing In probably would if I was a Georgia resident. However, being a Virginia resident it is breaking the law. I just said NOPE because here in VA. You have to go through an FFL for every transaction. Problem solved and no prosecution from the peanut gallery.
I was just making a comment that I would hate to be the I one that sold him a gun and he did something like that but again it ain't gonna happen in VA. So again the point is mute. So you can cease and desist the me running for election innuendo. I AM OUT! Well at least until I decide to post again.

With more and more "social" changes more and more lawsuits are coming. Selling a gun to someone who has a drivers license and is over 21 may very well not exclude a seller from civil suits. More jurors will be younger, not older, and will sway with times. Being legal will NOT protect you from civil suits. The recent TX shooting already has multiple suits filed against everyone, good chance DD will go down. While nothing is bullet proof (no pun intended), I can see a law suit against and individual who sold a firearm that committed a crime being filed and a jury, younger now, being convinced the seller should have, could have, been more careful to whom he sold that gun to. Civil court can make no sense sometimes.

With more and more "social" changes more and more lawsuits are coming. Selling a gun to someone who has a drivers license and is over 21 may very well not exclude a seller from civil suits. More jurors will be younger, not older, and will sway with times. Being legal will NOT protect you from civil suits. The recent TX shooting already has multiple suits filed against everyone, good chance DD will go down. While nothing is bullet proof (no pun intended), I can see a law suit against and individual who sold a firearm that committed a crime being filed and a jury, younger now, being convinced the seller should have, could have, been more careful to whom he sold that gun to. Civil court can make no sense sometimes.
Amen to that brother! That's the absolute truth you never know which way it's going to turn out. People are wanting to file suit at the drop of a dime much less then getting one of their family members killed God forbid.

I do think Daniel Defense Will Survive. If it was a gun they offer that was easily converted to a fully automatic gun then they might have a strong case against them. Being that their guns are perfectly legal to sell and no alterations were done to the gun as far as we know yet, I can't see where they're held liable when everyone else in the world can go to a gun shop and buy the same thing millions of times over again today. Unfortunately it will take us the lawsuit to get to the bottom of all this so they will cost and court fees and lawyers fees and such and such but I don't think they'll get who too hard for selling the kid the guns. I would think the gun shop would be more afraid of what the outcome would be the same Daniel Defense but like you said times are changing and we don't know what's going to happen so it's definitely an excellent topic to debate but unfortunately we won't know until it's too late. But if I was a senior executive of Daniel Defense I would be sweating bullets.

The point is "moot".
quarantine-costanza.gif

Back
Top Bottom