• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18yr old daughter is starting college and needs a self defense weapon. Guns on campus are out so what is the best self defense weapon?

The college she attends is local and I don't think they have had many if any incidents but she will be walking to her car at 9pm by herself. She is the youngest of 4 daughters and a scrapper. The college system down her has marginal security at best. I have a can of bear spray but its too big for her purse. She's 18 and can't legally carry a gun even though she knows how to use it. Looks like a quality knife, super bright flashlight and some type of spray are the options.

Ok. You're right. Pepper spray and a knife are just as good.

I think you are talking about a police report to establish a history of problems with a certain person. My point was that you can't do that for someone who hasn't attacked you yet.
No they aren't, but neither is it a felony to carry them. But that doesn't matter to you because you aren't the one that will go to jail and lose all their 2A Rights for the rest of your life.

The point is that if she is so fearful, which is what you said her defense would be, wouldn't she have reported the cause of her fear? If there was nothing that she was that afraid of, that invalidates what you said her defense would be.

Stiffen fingers and strike directly to the eye followed by the hand formed as a knife edge and a hard blow to the larynx. They should be disabled at that point.

Back
Top Bottom