• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18yr old daughter is starting college and needs a self defense weapon. Guns on campus are out so what is the best self defense weapon?

Is it legal for an 18yo. to carry a handgun in the State the school is in?

I think you are very mistaken about no consequences. With the state of mind about school shootings she would instantly be labeled a potential mass killer and expelled. Then criminal charges would be pursued.

No it's probably not legal. Either way make your own choices and accept the risks.

An 18-year-old guy would sure. An 18-year-old girl can turn on the tears and explain how scared she was for her own safety. She would get a slap on the wrist if anything at all.

Being the apprehensive parent of a girl who went to college I can tell you the rumors of sexual assault are extremely exaggrerared. I was living with daily anxiety when she was away worried about her safety
She lived in a dorm during the first 2 sememsters then we got her an apt of her own
What I discovered is college campuses are full of simps and white knights that will throw themselves in front of a train to get a girls attention. In 4 years she never once had a single incident aside from almost being killed in a tornado that destroyed the college while she was there. The most dangerous times for her were at night going to and from her car.
If you want her to have a firearm have it in her car to carry from her room to her vehicle and back

Being the apprehensive parent of a girl who went to college I can tell you the rumors of sexual assault are extremely exaggrerared. I was living with daily anxiety when she was away worried about her safety
She lived in a dorm during the first 2 sememsters then we got her an apt of her own
What I discovered is college campuses are full of simps and white knights that will throw themselves in front of a train to get a girls attention. In 4 years she never once had a single incident aside from almost being killed in a tornado that destroyed the college while she was there

THIS. It's pathetic how desperate some men are for woman to even know their name. If she is even remotely attractive she will have an army of beta male losers following her around just waiting for an opportunity to be noticed.

It's not like it was back when we were in college. Now 80% of women only date the top 20% of men. Roughly one third of men under 30 are virgins in 2022.

Many different items out there. What is the best?
Mace on a key ring
To set the record straight on carrying a firearm of a student 21 & older on GA. Campuses.

Attachments

• B95BE8B9-8F31-43EC-8907-B08B88A2881A.png
    B95BE8B9-8F31-43EC-8907-B08B88A2881A.png
    424.3 KB · Views: 20
THIS. It's pathetic how desperate some men are for woman to even know their name. If she is even remotely attractive she will have an army of beta male losers following her around just waiting to be the shoulder for her to cry on when the guys with self-respect that she really wants to get with don't worship her the same way.

It's not like it was back when we were in college. Now 80% of women only date the top 20% of men. Roughly one third of men under 30 are virgins in 2022.

However, don't underestimate the power of p***y to influence these guys. In extreme situations, these needy males are a potential risk. I was fortunate in that the college my daughter went to was much safer than most (for a number of reasons) but some of these so-called "allies" of women are adopting that behavior precisely to be seen as "safe" - when they aren't. Often, they're more concerning than the 'bad boys' who at least make no bones about what their intentions might be.

It's a terrible thing that as parents, we have to disabuse our kids of the idea that everyone around them is "nice" and "respectful", but we have to do it in a way that on the one hand, identifies the risks and on the other hand doesn't exaggerate them either.

This is an excerpt from the new version of the Georgia school weapons law, after 2017 and the new campus carry amendments

THE PROVISIONS OF THIS CODE SECTION SHALL NOT APPLY TO:

1. Any weapons carry license holder when he or she is in any building or on real property owned by or leased to any public technical school, vocational school, college, or university, or other public institution of postsecondary education; provided, however, that such exception shall:
      1. Not apply to buildings or property used for athletic sporting events or student housing, including, but not limited to, fraternity and sorority houses;
      2. Not apply to any preschool or childcare space located within such buildings or real property;
      3. Not apply to any room or space being used for classes related to a college and career academy or other specialized school as provided for under Code Section 20-4-37;
      4. Not apply to any room or space being used for classes in which high school students are enrolled through a dual enrollment program, including, but not limited to, classes related to the "Dual Enrollment Act" as provided for under Code Section 20-2-161.3;
      5. Not apply to faculty, staff, or administrative offices or rooms where disciplinary proceedings are conducted;
      6. Only apply to the carrying of handguns which a licensee is licensed to carry pursuant to subsection (e) of Code Section 16-11-126 and pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129; and
      7. Only apply to the carrying of handguns which are concealed.
    2. Any weapons carry license holder who carries a handgun in a manner or in a building, property, room, or space in violation of this paragraph shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; provided, however, that for a conviction of a first offense, such weapons carry license holder shall be punished by a fine of $25.00 and not be sentenced to serve any term of confinement.

Yes! At least then they don't have a false sense of security and will try to find a more realistic way to defend themselves. It's a hard lesson for her to learn that all those "skills" she learned are basically worthless as she's being raped.
Why would having some training automatically give someone a false sense of security?
Being more physically fit is a bad thing? That can't be part of a layered defense?
How many rapists expect their victim to fight back?

Back
Top Bottom