• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18yr old daughter is starting college and needs a self defense weapon. Guns on campus are out so what is the best self defense weapon?

small-slapjack-8864927.jpg

Situational Awareness is number one !

Not getting into situations that could turn out bad is number one
Don’t drink alcohol
Never accept drinks that are already open/unsealed etc

Knife

Some company makes a fixed blade knife with an angled handle that’s made for fast deployment and self defense
But I can’t think of the name

Personal alarm

super bright flashlight like a Nitecore P-10i

Pepper spray

Tactical pen, ink pen that’s metal and sharp.

I think I am going to keep carrying my gun but also carry 2 rocks. A rock to the head for self defense situations that a gun is too much for.

Situational Awareness is number one !

Not getting into situations that could turn out bad is number one
Don’t drink alcohol
Never accept drinks that are already open/unsealed etc

Knife

Some company makes a fixed blade knife with an angled handle that’s made for fast deployment and self defense
But I can’t think of the name

Personal alarm

super bright flashlight like a Nitecore P-10i

Pepper spray

Tactical pen, ink
KaBar TDI knife?

Cold Steel Honeycomb brush (have her actually use it so hair gets caught in it & it looks like it belongs in her purse & she’s used to handling it).
I like the Nitecore flashlight idea with a thumb power button on the end of light.
Pocket knife within the scope of the school rules if applicable. Check out the outdoor edge sidewinder. Compact. Easy to deploy. Cheap. Uses utility blades.
All of these can be ordered at MidwayUSA. I just ordered 2 of them.

She’s going to college. Her safety is out of your hands. Just hope she’s got enough common sense to think things through before doing stupid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom