• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 experts, come on in. Trigger question.

I could see where this might be an issue, but I also changed the entire MSH assembly and spring.

I was not clear about which spring I was talking about, I am talking about the Sear spring that is held in by the Mainspring housing not the plunger spring in the Mainspring housing.
If when reinstalling the Sear spring and it does not seat into the Slot as you slide the Mainspring housing in this could cause it to bind.
Also if you changed out the sear spring make sure to check that it makes good engagement against the Sear, Trigger and Grip Safety.

as will4me said pull the mainspring housing off along with the trigger/sear spring. then take off your grip safety..

put it back together without the grip safety so you can see what's going on with the disconnector, trigger and sear

Some good suggestions here, and I'm going to take the grip safety off later today, but pleas note: I've done several complete detail tear downs on this since the beginning of this. Triple checked the sear spring placement and engagement. REPLACED the sear spring as well as restored the original once it was clear it wasn't the problem.

I'm also going to check the trigger track with a dental too to make sure there are no burrs.

Strip it down, and put it back together one part at a time, just the trigger, then add mag release, then sear and disco etc.... usually the best way to find these kind of things. Often, with a new trigger, there can be slight contact with the arm of the grip safety, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom