• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 experts, come on in. Trigger question.

Just as mentioned above, it's sounds like you trigger bow is contacting the grip safety. The only question is why this all of a sudden?

Adjusting the over travel screw will not cause this. The over travel screw just prevents the trigger bow from going back no further than needed to trip the sear thus improves your trigger reset and not the pull.

Did you try removing the grip safety and then seeing if it does it as mentioned by 1006?

The riddle is solved. Many thanks to @markj, he nailed it down in about 15 minutes, and I would have chased it a WHOLE lot longer. I'll tell y'all what he did and see who can get the correct answer first.

Remember the problem here is, just after you pick up the slack in the trigger, you can hear/feel a slight "click", then trigger proceeds as normal, and feels pretty good. The click comes back with every trigger reset.
  1. Tore down the gun and did visual inspection, nothing out of place.
  2. Removed grip safety and slide and tested: issue is gone.
  3. Replaced grip safety and tested: issue is still gone.
  4. Replaced slide and grip safety: Issue is back.
  5. Remove the slide, issue goes away again.
So who has the diagnostic skills? And can figure it out first?

Again, I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to Mark for his help, it is GREATLY appreciated sir!

The riddle is solved. Many thanks to @markj, he nailed it down in about 15 minutes, and I would have chased it a WHOLE lot longer. I'll tell y'all what he did and see who can get the correct answer first.

Remember the problem here is, just after you pick up the slack in the trigger, you can hear/feel a slight "click", then trigger proceeds as normal, and feels pretty good. The click comes back with every trigger reset.
  1. Tore down the gun and did visual inspection, nothing out of place.
  2. Removed grip safety and slide and tested: issue is gone.
  3. Replaced grip safety and tested: issue is still gone.
  4. Replaced slide and grip safety: Issue is back.
  5. Remove the slide, issue goes away again.
So who has the diagnostic skills? And can figure it out first?

Again, I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to Mark for his help, it is GREATLY appreciated sir!
I feel the Disconnector is the cause. I had one that would stick until you touch the trigger and she would pop free. Check for light scratches on the trigger bow where the Disconnector hits it

Yep, you guys are correct. It was the disconnector. The top had had that little ridge around it pushed completely off. It was bouncing around in the hole in the frame because it was so under size.

Luckily I had a spare disconnector with me for another build. We dropped it in and the problem went away completely!

most disconnectors today are a bit sloppy in the hole.. I fix all my match pistol by peening around the front of the hole to tighten it a bit then run a small reamer I have through it

best disconnector I've seen is the Ball EGW...

Back
Top Bottom