• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1911 Recommendation

do they make left handed Pistols ?

Because of how you hold a pistol forward and centered to your body, any pistol with ambidextrous controls will work. Cabot makes a left handed 1911... but you’ll need a second mortgage as they are around $4k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What experience leads you to this conclusion?

How about 70+ years of the US putting them in the hands of teenagers that never held a firearm before. And there was not one on one instruction with a gunny breathing down Gomer's neck, it was done in batches.

That says far more than today's high-speed low drag "experts".

How about 70+ years of the US putting them in the hands of teenagers that never held a firearm before. And there was not one on one instruction with a gunny breathing down Gomer's neck, it was done in batches.

That says far more than today's high-speed low drag "experts".

Meh... what would I know. OP can decide, as he is asking about a 12 year old girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a daughter who will be turning 12 next year and have been thinking about getting her a 1911 type pistol and getting back into IDPA shooting. My daughter is on the small side so I've ruled out any full size full power pistol. What I have been looking at is either the Browning Black Lable in 380 auto or 22LR. Both of these are smaller copies of the 1911. As she would be in the junior division she could use either caliber. I like the fact that the 1911 has multiple safeties even tho I like Glocks I would want her to have something with something that I can see that the safety is on or off.

Any one with any feedback on these two pistols would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of shying away from the 22LR because I grew up when 22LR was unreliable.

Also if you have another pistol that would good to look at throw those out too.

Thinking about it, your best bet is to find a local range that rents pistols and let her handle and shoot a few to decide for herself. Maybe get her into a beginner handgun class.

Back
Top Bottom