• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911's are heeeaaavy.......

The ONLY SA/DA guns I know of are Taurus's with "re-strike" capability. Now DA/SA is common.

I just don't like safeties. I can live with a decocker for the simple fact that I don't have to fool with it if I need to deploy the gun.

I just don't like safeties. I can live with a decocker for the simple fact that I don't have to fool with it if I need to deploy the gun.
Sig DA/SA with decockers are great guns. As are Berettas. There really are great DAO guns....none come to mind at the moment(LOL) but I'm sure there are some. Sig's P250 is a great example of an awful ONE. ;)

personally I like shot to shot consistency. DA/SA breaks that up. Glock will be the same EVERY time you squeeze the trigger.

Sig DA/SA with decockers are great guns. As are Berettas. There really are great DAO guns....none come to mind at the moment(LOL) but I'm sure there are some. Sig's P250 is a great example of an awful ONE. ;)

personally I like shot to shot consistency. DA/SA breaks that up. Glock will be the same EVERY time you squeeze the trigger.

Agreed, and that's why I carry a Glock most of the time.

I've looked pretty hard at the Sig P220 in .45, but I am very interested in a CZ 75d PCR....Looks like a nice option in SA/DA.

Agreed, and that's why I carry a Glock most of the time.

I've looked pretty hard at the Sig P220 in .45, but I am very interested in a CZ 75d PCR....Looks like a nice option in SA/DA.
Sig P220 is a beautiful gun but it's so heavy and bulky for a single stack 45. I had a P227 SAS Gen II and it was a fantastic gun. But, again, it weighed a ton and my Glock 30S has every bit as much capacity and is smaller and lighter. And still I have the trigger consistency. AND the Glock 30S fits in the same holster as my Glock 33. LOL.

And don't get me started on CZ. That inverse slide/frame ratio mazes absolutely NO sense to me. Just reduces the slide weight, adversely affecting recoil and making it harderto get a good grip under duress to wrack the slide or clear a malfunction.

I like my S&W 645 DA/SA, 2nd Gen. It gives me the look and feel of the Colt 1911 but in a DA. In a Stainless Steel solid frame.
And no it doesn't have 15 rns. But I should be able to get out of a bad situation with the 7.
If not, I need to go to "cmshoot" classes, to work out my issues.:thumb:

Sig P220 is a beautiful gun but it's so heavy and bulky for a single stack 45. I had a P227 SAS Gen II and it was a fantastic gun. But, again, it weighed a ton and my Glock 30S has every bit as much capacity and is smaller and lighter. And still I have the trigger consistency. AND the Glock 30S fits in the same holster as my Glock 33. LOL.

And don't get me started on CZ. That inverse slide/frame ratio mazes absolutely NO sense to me. Just reduces the slide weight, adversely affecting recoil and making it harderto get a good grip under duress to wrack the slide or clear a malfunction.

Interesting about the CZ. I have never shot a 75d pcr but the ones I have shot, like the 75 full size was pretty awesome to me. I admit my exposure has been very limited...

I have an XD45 mod 2 in sub compact. It is 9+1, with 13 round back up mag. It is very similar in size to a G19, and maybe even a bit smaller...It isn't lighter, but it is light enough. I carry it sometimes as well. Its very accurate and reliable. Yeah its a Springfield, but it was acquired before I knew about the controversy in Illinois, so no reason to blame a good gun on the crappy business.

Ah, and the only reason I haven't pursued the P220 is because of size and capacity.

Interesting about the CZ. I have never shot a 75d pcr but the ones I have shot, like the 75 full size was pretty awesome to me. I admit my exposure has been very limited...

I have an XD45 mod 2 in sub compact. It is 9+1, with 13 round back up mag. It is very similar in size to a G19, and maybe even a bit smaller...It isn't lighter, but it is light enough. I carry it sometimes as well. Its very accurate and reliable. Yeah its a Springfield, but it was acquired before I knew about the controversy in Illinois, so no reason to blame a good gun on the crappy business.

Ah, and the only reason I haven't pursued the P220 is because of size and capacity.
I just avoid Springfield because I both hate the hypocrisy of one side saying "Springfield USA" and the other side saying "Made in Croatia", and ANYTHING made in CRAPATIA. LOL. It'd be like buying a Turkish gun. Pass thanks.

I just avoid Springfield because I both hate the hypocrisy of one side saying "Springfield USA" and the other side saying "Made in Croatia", and ANYTHING made in CRAPATIA. LOL. It'd be like buying a Turkish gun. Pass thanks.

Kind of like Glock with Smyrna, GA on the frame and Austria on the slide? :)

And I won't be buying another Springfield. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom