• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1917 Eddystone or Enfield.....is there a trade market for a sporterized version?

Robray

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
479   0
Reaction score
I have a 1917 Eddystone in 30/06. My dad bought this gun out of a catalog when he was young and I also hunted with it in my youth. The action and barrell are all original and this gun shoots like a dream. It's very accurate and, although heavy, balances like a dream. Is there a trade market for this gun or a retail market for the sporterized versions. I'm not sure I would part with it. Just curious.

Pics!! How heavily "sporterized"... Has it been drilled and tapped? Lots more needed to tell you if you have a $100 or $500 firearm.

Eddy1.jpg

Nice hunting rifle, I would say around 175-275, had a couple of these sporterized and that is what they went for. If you decide to sell, let me know. Thanks

Thanks for the repy and info Stuckon8. We hunted this rifle all over the Ocmulgee River bottoms when I was growing up, many times from a canoe so this gun got used and banged around a bit. It's not pretty but it shoots great and the overall balance of the gun when you shoulder it is outstanding. I'll keep you in mind should I decide to sell.

Thanks for the repy and info Stuckon8. We hunted this rifle all over the Ocmulgee River bottoms when I was growing up, many times from a canoe so this gun got used and banged around a bit. It's not pretty but it shoots great and the overall balance of the gun when you shoulder it is outstanding. I'll keep you in mind should I decide to sell.

Rob, sold one of these in original config for 350.00 and one sporterized for 225(rabbit ear sights were ground down like yours so a scope would fit). Looked at my old records..These are great shooters. Thanks and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom