• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1976 Beetle Value

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
I bought this 76 Beetle as a possible first car for my boy. The more I think about it, I think I want him in something a little more modern for safety reasons...at least at first.

Anyway, I have no idea what this car is worth. It is a 76 beetle (not super beetle.) I assume it has a 1600cc engine in it which I also thinks needs to be rebuilt. Engine runs and runs good, but leaks oil and I notice it is burning a small amount of oil.

Car isn't anything great. Everything seems to work, although it is ugly.

Any idea what something like this would sell for? I will get some better pictures tomorrow.

20151129_155524.jpg

If you need more info, go to the samba.com pretty much the best VW site on the internet. And if you decide to do a resto. on a VW I'd suggest the VW convert. for sale on here for $3000 bucks. Restored they bring big bucks.

If you need more info, go to the samba.com pretty much the best VW site on the internet. And if you decide to do a resto. on a VW I'd suggest the VW convert. for sale on here for $3000 bucks. Restored they bring big bucks.

Yeah, I'm over at the samba. Not looking to restore it, if anything just make it reliable for a teen driver.

As I said, I'm just not sure I don't want him in something modern with modern safety features. I was driving the beetle around yesterday and I felt VERY vulnerable. I figure it might be better to sell it and buy something newer hence my question of what something like this is worth.

The samba makes me think it is worth a bunch more than I believe it really is which is why I an asking a local group.

My first 2 cars were beetles...I loved them. Easy to work on if something went wrong, great on gas. Like mentioned above, the pans being rusted out affect the value on these. $1500ish if theyre ok seeing that it leaks oil and need a rebuild. If it was not leaking oil and pans are good, $2000+ around here for an ugly one. $3k+ for a pretty one.

Yeah, I'm over at the samba. Not looking to restore it, if anything just make it reliable for a teen driver.

As I said, I'm just not sure I don't want him in something modern with modern safety features. I was driving the beetle around yesterday and I felt VERY vulnerable. I figure it might be better to sell it and buy something newer hence my question of what something like this is worth.

The samba makes me think it is worth a bunch more than I believe it really is which is why I an asking a local group.

My first car was a VW bug, I will say this, every VW I have driven, had crappy brakes. Probably not the best thing for a new driver.

Back
Top Bottom