1986 Toyota SR5 4X4 project......

Pretty sure this truck predates the name ‘Tacoma’. It’s a “Hilux”.

You are correct. This model was made 10 years before they ever came up with the "Tacoma" idea. The Hilux were very early models.

EDIT: You are exactly right. Although it is not on any of the paperwork, this model is still officially called a "HiLux". So there you have it....

IGNORE THIS PART>>>>>>>I might be mistaken, but this model lost the Hilux name, and was just called the "Xtra Cab" model. I do not find Hilux on any of the paperwork.

I think the old taco is too nice to be considered a project! I'm surprised the engine died that early(240k), maybe a lot of slow harder miles?

My dad told me that the engine died on him while coming down an exit ramp off the interstate. He did not know why it died, so he thought it was a good idea to drop it down in 1st gear and pop the clutch, just like "roll starting" it.

Doing about 65, dropping into 1st gear and letting it go........

That was the culprit that caused the engine death.......

87 year old fathers and old truck do not mix well together.

Jerry

My dad told me that the engine died on him while coming down an exit ramp off the interstate. He did not know why it died, so he thought it was a good idea to drop it down in 1st gear and pop the clutch, just like "roll starting" it.

Doing about 65, dropping into 1st gear and letting it go........

That was the culprit that caused the engine death.......

87 year old fathers and old truck do not mix well together.

Jerry
The money shift!

Back
Top Bottom