• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2008 ford escape (V-6) problems.

If you are hearing noise back by the air clean, I would think vacuum line. Engine then picked up miss fire and mil came up with limp home mode. Scanner should tell you what happened. I would think the shop caused the problem.

Just out of curiosity...what are you callie "fuel pump reset" light?
Well on this model, if you are in an accident it has a safety feature that shuts off the fuel pump. There is a reset button you have to press to reset it. It is located on the passenger side of the vehicle in a panel in front of the front door. So in the event the fuel pump shut off a warning light comes on and lets you know to reset it.

I did a quick search to see if it was possible. Some filters are not easily installed backwards.
The one I saw for yours would be easily installed backwards.
Wow, that's interesting. I guess my question is, why would it run fine for 20 miles and then have the low pressure with the filter backwards? You think it takes awhile for problem to show up? My wife said after the tune up and filter change she was amazed how much better the car ran. I know the old fuel filter was almost completely clogged. I may have messed up the fuel pump. Wish me luck, I'm off to the shop. Thanks for your help.

Hard to say.
The filter may be in the correct orientation.

Sometimes when things are working right or better, the stress shifts to something else breaks.

Back
Top Bottom