• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015-2018 Silverado/Sierra Lemons

Interesting that they had an analyst weigh in on the topic and haven't come up with a solution going forward or a quick fix for us current owners. Maybe the new 2019's will have an upgraded system/parts that wont squeak... but then again that's if you like the new look and can afford it...
Good luck and keep us posted if they answer your requests!
The analyst I am talking about is a financial analyst. They decided it's cheaper for GM to make band aid (at best) fixes and to deal with people like me individually than to really fix the issue.

I would bet that the 2019's, being redesigned, have different springs. Maybe not though.

Maybe they could put springs from a 99 to 06 on them. I have a 1999 1500 with 324,000 miles and an 2006 2500HD with 260,000. Never noticed any kind of noises.
It's definitely something I've read has been an issue frequently. This particular issue started with the 2015 model. If putting springs from a 99 1500 or 2006 2500 would fix it, GM should have done that already. They're going to replace my springs with springs that are known to GM to be the issue.... smh....

The plastic is involved. It's a little bit of both I guess. Mine started just after 4,000 miles and they first serviced it at 8,000 miles. The other guy I talked to first had his serviced at 12,000 miles.

I got almost 40k on a 17 3/4 ton
Springy no squeaky

The “fish bite “ surging on mild acceleration is really annoying though

Back
Top Bottom