• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 College football smack...

I'm telling you, LSU's defense is NOT typical for them, and that's not good. Whether the new offense can overcome it is the open question.
Hope you're right!

before the season started i said LSU didnt have a chance. now im not so certain. that offense is clicking. and Bama's defense didn't look great against Carolina. however those 4 recievers and tua still cast a huge shadow.

I've been saying since pre season, Bama and Clemson have the weakest schedules of anyone in the top 10, probably top 25. It's almost a guarantee they make it to the playoffs based off that alone. UGA doesn't have the toughest schedule but it's harder than those two teams that always wind up in the playoff or NC game. LSU has it pretty tough this season. They've been impressive.

I've been saying since pre season, Bama and Clemson have the weakest schedules of anyone in the top 10, probably top 25. It's almost a guarantee they make it to the playoffs based off that alone. UGA doesn't have the toughest schedule but it's harder than those two teams that always wind up in the playoff or NC game. LSU has it pretty tough this season. They've been impressive.
I fell bad for A&M! Not real bad mind you... but a touch. :)

I still think the SEC is the top conference and just like every year they will beat each other out of the top 10 then the top 25. I told a buddy of mine that LSU will be the team that gives BAMA fits this year, and I still believe it. Tua and his receivers look great, defense and even the run game, they are still working on.

As said the other day it’s almost like they are still “scrimmaging” against these last 3 teams they have played to see what is working and what needs fixing especially on the defensive side of the ball and especially with the injuries.

UGA, I think will have a decent test this week as well as Auburn & A&M. You have Oklahoma and Ohio St. and even Utah and of course Clemson on top of the ACC but the SEC, in my opinion is still the best. And I do think LSU looks really good this year.

I still think the SEC is the top conference and just like every year they will beat each other out of the top 10 then the top 25. I told a buddy of mine that LSU will be the team that gives BAMA fits this year, and I still believe it. Tua and his receivers look great, defense and even the run game, they are still working on.

As said the other day it’s almost like they are still “scrimmaging” against these last 3 teams they have played to see what is working and what needs fixing especially on the defensive side of the ball and especially with the injuries.

UGA, I think will have a decent test this week as well as Auburn & A&M. You have Oklahoma and Ohio St. and even Utah and of course Clemson on top of the ACC but the SEC, in my opinion is still the best. And I do think LSU looks really good this year.
Won't happen. Same as every year.
Saban: Yo, Lucifer, Nick here. Know what this Saturday is?
Satan: Let me guess. Playing LSU again?
Saban: Ding Ding Ding! Tell the King of the Underworld what he's won! Just want to make sure you remember our deal.
Satan: How could I not? You pester me constantly about it.
Saban: Well let em score this time at least. People are starting to get suspicious.
Satan: Fine, whatever. Can I go now? I do have a full time job you know.
Saban: No problem. See you around.
Satan: Oh, that you will indeed....

I believe Clemson is a powerhouse football team and deserves the praise it gets. However, I don't believe I have ever seen an entire league, ACC, with one team so far out in front of the rest of the teams in that league. Even though Alabama has been dominant in the SEC, there have been teams that pushed them during the regular season or the league championship game. It appears that there is not one team in the ACC that is capable of staying close to Clemson. I guess Virginia is a decent team, they are undefeated, but does anyone believe that Virginia could beat Clemson? The traditional powers of the ACC have been FSU, train wreck, Miami, could not beat Florida, Syracuse, got the heck beat out of them by Clemson, Virginia Tech, a strong team in name only, North Carolina has Mack Brown back, and they did beat SC, but really, does that make them a good team? Who else is a viable obstacle in Clemson's path to the playoffs?

Every league has teams that are not up to par with the top tier schools in their league. We see it every year, but the disparity in the ACC, to me, seems unparalleled. Clemson is so far out in front of the rest of the teams in the ACC, that if I were a Clemson fan, I would already be saving up to buy tickets for the Championship Playoffs. It appears to be a lock for Clemson.

I believe Clemson is a powerhouse football team and deserves the praise it gets. However, I don't believe I have ever seen an entire league, ACC, with one team so far out in front of the rest of the teams in that league. Even though Alabama has been dominant in the SEC, there have been teams that pushed them during the regular season or the league championship game. It appears that there is not one team in the ACC that is capable of staying close to Clemson. I guess Virginia is a decent team, they are undefeated, but does anyone believe that Virginia could beat Clemson? The traditional powers of the ACC have been FSU, train wreck, Miami, could not beat Florida, Syracuse, got the heck beat out of them by Clemson, Virginia Tech, a strong team in name only, North Carolina has Mack Brown back, and they did beat SC, but really, does that make them a good team? Who else is a viable obstacle in Clemson's path to the playoffs?

Every league has teams that are not up to par with the top tier schools in their league. We see it every year, but the disparity in the ACC, to me, seems unparalleled. Clemson is so far out in front of the rest of the teams in the ACC, that if I were a Clemson fan, I would already be saving up to buy tickets for the Championship Playoffs. It appears to be a lock for Clemson.
The SEC should ditch Mizzou and add Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom