• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 Mustang Shelby GT350

No problem. My 2019 Mustang Shelby GT 350 has never used any oil. I checked it every week due to the M6Mustangforums.

I have raced my 2019 GT35 at Atlanta Motorsport Park (AMP) in May 2022. It's really good. It's a tight track where lots of braking and tires are needed.

I think the car will be better at Road Atlanta with it's long straights and flowing corners.

I have a solution for Road Atlanta:
View attachment 4813799
I like your style! A 992 911 S is actually the next up on my radar. My Tacoma is the first auto trans I've owned since '04, but I'd be curious to live with PDK after all the praise I've heard for it.

The GT350 is definitely a platform that does best when it can stretch its legs. Severe case of noassatall down low haha.

Thoughts on the 911? Different enough from the GT350 character-wise to have their own purpose for you given the day of the week? I know when I bought my GT350 in '18, there were a LOT of new GT350 owners that had most recently stepped out of a 911 or still had one in the garage.

I think you meant the metric TVR tires? Ford had that wheel and tire size (as well as Ferrari). You can get them at Coker Tires in Chattanooga, TN.
If you're talking to me, no I got it right. They were 3 slotted aluminum wheels. Tire size was 390mm. Good looking wheel , lookum up

Thoughts on the 911? Different enough from the GT350 character-wise to have their own purpose for you given the day of the week? I know when I bought my GT350 in '18, there were a LOT of new GT350 owners that had most recently stepped out of a 911 or still had one in the garage.
I have owned eighteen V-8 Mustangs and eight Porsche 911 cars.

They are both independently very different cars. I suggest buying both cars and then decide which one is best. My best car is the Mustang GT350 as they don't make them anymore. The 2019 Ford Mustang GT350 5.2L FPC came with a package from Ford with lots of extra mail received stuff. It's the last of the last.

Biden is ending this car.

I got my 2020 Porsche 911 just before the Covid thing. It's a darn good car. I also ordered a new Porsche 911 Turbo at the same time. A guy has to order the next car when the new car arrives. The 2023 Porsche 911 Turbo:

2023PorscheTurbo.jpg

They are both independently very different cars. I suggest buying both cars and then decide which one is best.
Right on, that seems to be the general consensus.

I had the GT350 for 3 years as my DD, and I've ran every trim level of the 991 911 on track at the Porsche Experience Center, but I never tracked my GT350 and I've never daily driven a 911.

I would need to round out my experience in each platform before I could land on my overall favorite.

I do know that the GT350 never left me wishing for more. Darn good platform!

Right on, that seems to be the general consensus.

I had the GT350 for 3 years as my DD, and I've ran every trim level of the 991 911 on track at the Porsche Experience Center, but I never tracked my GT350 and I've never daily driven a 911.

I would need to round out my experience in each platform before I could land on my overall favorite.

I do know that the GT350 never left me wishing for more. Darn good platform!
So now the question, has the 911 ever left you wishing for more?

I think you mean 2015/2016?

Those were the first of the GT350 flat-plane 5.2L engines.

Yes, I do post on the Mustang6G site. The young dudes got all upset that Mustang Gen 6 owners also liked guns. The site itself banned talking about guns at any time. It seems the Mustang millennials (age 20-30) are all against gun ownership.

Screw 'em.
View attachment 4812998
No, y’all are just outa my league. My first Mustang (first car) was 1970 Fastback, Yellow with a black hood. 351 Cleveland and 3-speed...in the floor.
65 in first, 90 in second and all the Chevy’s and Mopars were in the back window lol.
My last Mustang was the 2007 Shelby GT 350. 4.6L souped up a little with a GREAT suspension Pkg. Black with silver stripes, last ones made while Carroll was still alive I think.

Having only driven them on the track, absolutely not! That platform is a track weapon (even though I found the 718 more fun). I suspect the 911 would be an excellent daily as well. One of these days I'll get my chance to test this theory 😎
I've known a few to drive a 911 as a DD. They said they were very reliable and had no complaints. I've never owned a 911, but I've always thought they were cool. It's on my bucket list to at least try one and see. I've owned a few Mustangs. I used to be a big fan. Still like the looks.

No, y’all are just outa my league. My first Mustang (first car) was 1970 Fastback, Yellow with a black hood. 351 Cleveland and 3-speed...in the floor.
65 in first, 90 in second and all the Chevy’s and Mopars were in the back window lol.
My last Mustang was the 2007 Shelby GT 350. 4.6L souped up a little with a GREAT suspension Pkg. Black with silver stripes, last ones made while Carroll was still alive I think.
I saw one of the '07 era (not sure of exact year) GT350s when I went to the Shelby Museum in Vegas back in 2019. Very nice! I was ignorant to the fact they had done a GT350 package on that chassis. Rare birds from what I understand.

20190712_184111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom