• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022 ODT Turkey Challenge

I had a terrible season last year, two misses and only ended up with a jake
I didn't even pull the trigger, I had them so close I could hear them drumming multiple times but the terrain kept me from being able to get a line of sight on them. Hunting steep stuff sometimes works out for me and sometimes it don't. I would get on a bird almost every hunt but dang I just couldn't close the deal. I'll bet this year I'll be tagged out in 2 weekends. It's either feast or famine with me.

So. All 3 members of team #1 were first to post and NONE of us killed a bird last year? Good lord. I did kill 3 the year before with 2 of them being the biggest I’d ever killed. The property I killed them on were lots a builder of mine had. He built houses on them last year and I couldn’t hunt there. I did hunt property within a half mile of there that didn’t have any birds on it apparently. I do have a 3000 acre lease in Johnson county. I’ve been getting pics of several gobblers with hens coming to my hog feeders. We’re headed down this weekend to try and kill hogs and empty feeders. They will still be in the general area though.

So. All 3 members of team #1 were first to post and NONE of us killed a bird last year? Good lord. I did kill 3 the year before with 2 of them being the biggest I’d ever killed. The property I killed them on were lots a builder of mine had. He built houses on them last year and I couldn’t hunt there. I did hunt property within a half mile of there that didn’t have any birds on it apparently. I do have a 3000 acre lease in Johnson county. I’ve been getting pics of several gobblers with hens coming to my hog feeders. We’re headed down this weekend to try and kill hogs and empty feeders. They will still be in the general area though.
I did kill a jake last year. Lol my season really wasn’t bad just sucked at shooting. Lol I killed two the season before last though

Back
Top Bottom