• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Silverado EV

As an Avalanche owner, I can not tell you how much more utility you get out of a collapsible midgate. I always said if they ever made it again, I'd buy one.
But I've also said I'd never buy another GM product (for political reasons) and I'd never get an EV but dang.....
Try and stomach watching the entire video before commenting. I really wish they were going to make a gas version but then you wouldn't get the 0-60 in sub 4.5 or the frunk.
I want to hear your sane pros and cons.

The commercial say 400 miles on a full charge, my question is how long does it take to charge?..maybe this is a short range truck only, also the only way it would be less than a pain is a charging station at your house, especially if it takes 6 hours for a full charge ( as long as the charging station doesn’t burn your house down, because of a lightning strike).. also if your in a flood plane, so is your charging station, electricity and water are a bad choice...by the way I have a 9kw off grid solar system on my house, so the negativity is from experience..my advice is let it be on the market for a few years and see what happens!

The rare occasions I drive for more than 3-4 hours at a time I would have no problem stopping for a 30 minute charge. Next?
They need to have charging stations at the restaurants. Gas station setups would be obsolete and useless. 30 minutes might help around town but are not practical for long trips.

The commercial say 400 miles on a full charge, my question is how long does it take to charge?..maybe this is a short range truck only, also the only way it would be less than a pain is a charging station at your house, especially if it takes 6 hours for a full charge ( as long as the charging station doesn’t burn your house down, because of a lightning strike).. also if your in a flood plane, so is your charging station, electricity and water are a bad choice...by the way I have a 9kw off grid solar system on my house, so the negativity is from experience..my advice is let it be on the market for a few years and see what happens!
Can't remember but I think it said 100 miles in as little as 10 minutes? Again, is that 100 miles with a tail wind and negative grade. I read somewhere what the 100 mile and 80% charge times were and they weren't horrible, "if" you had the largest (apparent) charging station which I guess a lot of the public ones aren't. Who knows?

The 3/4 Ton, 4x4 Avalanche with the Vortec 8.1. That would grab our American attention. Two Barbers Chairs and two shooting rests, and two coolers. So we don’t have to share. ‘MerCa!

Back
Top Bottom