• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

21 foot rule Tragedy Fail

Buddy of mine almostkilled himself in the same manner 20 years ago. He thought he had cleared his .357 but missed a round. He put the gun to his temple (I don't know why), dry fired twice, pointed the gun at a door, pulled the trigger n the weapon discharged. Luckily there wasn't anybody on the other side of the door.

"Warren stated he emptied the .38 Revolver but did not clear for remaining rounds."

Huh?

How do you only eject "some" of the rounds in a revolver?
Sometimes 1 gets stuck in a chamber, especially if you don't use the ejector rhode n use the gravity method instead. Some people assume they all ejected n don't check the cyleder very well n don't count the rounds that came out.

UNFORTUNATELY, more people get "KILLED BY EMPTY GUNS" only takes a few more seconds to make sure the all of the bullets are cleared "INCLUDING THE CHAMBER TOO!!!". JUST THINK ABOUT, have guys hand me a gun to look at, either drop out the magazine, and operate the slide at least 3 times and then look to see it a round is in the chamber, if a revolver ease the cylinder out check to see if all the bullets are out and inspect the chamber to make sure it is clear..

Have been question several times at gun stores why are you clearing the gun again I just cleared it in front of you.

Told them not that we do not trust you, however we prefer to check any firearm any time we look at it many people always have one in the chamber in case of immediate need, we do not wish to be in need of
medical assistance or a defense attorney....

Back
Top Bottom