• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 conversion BCG in a 5.56 (FUN)

Shooter101

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Harris County GA, 35 miles north of Columbus GA of
So I have 3 AR's I went ahead and bought a couple of .22 Conversion BCGs for them in order to go plinking.. Man are they fun.... There are AR15 mag that hold the .22 Rounds and feed into the bolt.. When you put it into the upper and shoot the .22, Absolutely NO recoil... So easy to stay on Target... My daughter had some reservations about shooting it... Then she finally did it, now in the last 2 days she has gone to Wally World with me and has bought 2 boxes of 550 Rds of .22. She is having a good time with it... They are a blast. I had some initial reservations, But would tell anyone to get them... Good to work CQB techniques and Entering a Mock building and clearing a room....ECT.....

Anyone else have any experience with conversion kits.....

i have a spikes kit. Going to switch it over to a dedicated weapon though. The kits work fine for a while, eventually though they start having jams etc. Good for immediate action drills however.

This is very true... I like the drop in bolts..when did yall start seeing malfunctions from use. RD Count??????

Around the five k mark for me. Ammo type makes little differance. Cleaned it well and that helped some but still cannot get through a single mag without a malf.

This is very true... I like the drop in bolts..when did yall start seeing malfunctions from use. RD Count??????

I did not have much luck with the blued version. After a couple bricks I really had problems. I ran the stainless model through the ringer. 1,000s of rounds and never an issue . You do have to break it in. So you will have a few jams while doing that. After a couple hundred they work great.

I love my cmmg stainless kit my only complaint is how dirty it makes my ar vs the 5.56 ammo. After 150 22 rounds my ar's insides are disgustingly dirty.

yeah it does dirty it up. I always fired a few 5.56s out of it before I left the range. Just to make sure the dirty .22s did not plug up the gas tube.

Back
Top Bottom